Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Dec 23, 2013
Well, first it's a shame to lose one's house at anytime, but especially so close to the holidays. So sympathy to the family.
But, wasn't it a 'spare-the-air' day?
And who goes for a walk leaving a fire unattended in a fireplace?
It is so sad , and yes it was"spare the air". We see what wood burning can do in addition to creating unhealthy air in the community. But sadly some will now just continue to violate our health safety rules. But still sad for the family.
How sad to make an inappropriate comment when someone suffers a loss. By the way, there wasn't any spare the air alert in effect this weekend. The air police was kind enough to grant us two burn days this weekend.
Article does not say it was a brick fireplace. Could have been a gas burning fireplace with a sheet metal flue going outside. Does not apply during "spare the Air"
Rick read again, burned through the chimney…. doesn't sound line non polluting gas fire.
HOUSE WAS A T-1-11 CONSTRUCTION HOME WITH METAL FLUE, SHOULDN'T BE BURNING ANYTHING MORE THAN A SINGLE DURAFLAME TYPE LOG. AND DEFINITLEY NOT LEAVE A FIRE UNATTENDED, *** EVER ***. GLAD NO ONE WAS HURT. HOPE DAMAGE WAS MIN.
Sunday was NOT a Spare the Air day. That fact aside, it doesn't seem "neighborly" to be commenting on that and ignoring that a family has been displaced by a tragedy, no matter one that's temporary. Best wishes to them; no fun indeed.
Apparently some people need to get empathy for Christmas. Come on.
Seriously! Saying it's their fault for their house burning because they violated a supposed "spare the air day" is like telling someone in a car accident it's their fault because THEY chose to get into a car.
Violating spare the air is breaking the law. It isn't the same. Unless they are idiots, they probably have insurance.
It was NOT a spare the air day. How stupid are you people. It was a chimney fire. WOW. Stupid is as stupid does.
Spare the air day or not is irrelevant. Let's have some sympathy for those who lost their home during the holidays. But it's time for people to get out of the stone age and start using a natural gas furnace to warm their homes. Wood burning is so yesterday and that's where it should remain for the benefit of our health and the environment.
cholo, you dolt, it wasn't a spare the air day when this fire took place. The problem here may be that the article was in English. To translate for you, some poor family lost their house in a fire, possibly due to poor maintenance of their chimney.
Hell, even Tesla's catch fire, so you self righteous technology-bandwagon jumpers (yes, you Smiley Face) know that you shouldn't be preaching down to your neighbors because you may choose to think you're on the bleeding edge of technology. Of course, if your natural gas comes from the fracking process, I'm sure you're 100% behind that technology....hypocrite.
Do we really need every Firetruck in town to respond? Talk about air pollution! Six truck/engines to respond to a two truck job plus six smaller response vehicles. The practice facility is on Bush Rd. Play with your ladders at that facility on a day that will be ok for the air quality. Do we know that the cause was actually from the chimney?
Note: Do not burn a Dura Flame with real wood
There you go again lid, laws are not for me… burn baby burn, less maintenance with gas fireplace, wood will speed up deterioration of brick fireplaces… come with us in to the current century and most of all respect all of us that want healthy air. Sorry the fire loss and that tragedy. But lid you and others just don't get it… so folks keep and up the good work and thank you for not polluting the air.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Tri-Valley cities rank high in poll
By Tim Hunt | 4 comments | 589 views
What You Need to Do Before Your Child Goes to College
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 70 views
Home & Real Estate
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
© 2017 Pleasanton Weekly
All rights reserved.