Steven Michael Sharp, 29, was on probation, so police didn't need a warrant to conduct a search. Sharp was arrested for obtaining a controlled substance by fraud, possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine and a probation violation, all felonies, as well as misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia possession.
In other police reports:
* Anamarie Magno Anderson, 43, of Walnut Creek was arrested at about 2:51 p.m. July 2 for felony forgery for attempting to cash a false check for $10,254.78 at Wells Fargo Bank in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road. Anderson was also wanted on a misdemeanor warrant out of Berkeley.
* Christian San Chhon, 20, of San Ramon; Trevor Duane Copeland, 21, of Pleasanton; and Spencer Jeffery Bohn, 19, of Pleasanton were arrested at about 11:50 p.m. July 4 in the 4400 block of Rosewood Drive for possession of stolen property, a felony, and misdemeanor petty theft. Bohn was also arrested for public drunkenness. The three ran after they were seen by an officer near a vehicle in the parking lot of Walmart. After they were caught, police found they had a stolen debit card, iPhone, identification card and house keys.
* A variety of items worth more than $18,000 were stolen in an Independence Day commercial burglary at Best Deal Equipment in the 3900 block of Valley Avenue. The theft took place between 4 p.m. and 10:44 p.m. July 4; a $10,000 Canon camera and lenses were stolen, along with six laptop computers worth a total of $3,600; 25 car stereos worth a total of $2,500; a $1,000 Indian knife; three video game consoles worth a total of $600; car speakers worth $480; and a $200 video game console. Entry was through the rear door.
* A dental office and a dental X-ray firm in the 1400 block of Cedarwood Lane were burglarized over the long Independence Day weekend.
In one, camera equipment worth more than $2,500 was stolen from C-Dental X-ray in the 1400 block of Cedarwood Lane. A $1,500 Nikon camera, a $1,00 lighting system, and $25 charger were taken in the burglary, which occurred between 5 p.m. July 3 and 8:40 a.m. July 8. A front door was smashed to gain entry.
In the second, which took place between 5 p.m. July 3 and 11:30 a.m. July 7, a laptop of unknown value was stolen from a dental office; again, a door frame was shattered to provide entry.
* Two people were arrested for felonies on July 5 at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Hahn Hong Le, 45, of Houston, Texas, was arrested at about 5:22 p.m. at Macy Women's for felony grand theft for taking $1,324.98 in shoes, sweaters, dresses and tops.
Julian Lugo, 23, of Hayward was arrested at about 4:58 p.m. for a petty theft in a $297 shoplifting from J.C. Penney that turned into a felony when it was discovered he had multiple prior misdemeanor petty theft convictions.
* Camera equipment was among the items stolen from two cars parked at Stoneridge Shopping Center on July 5. A $500 Sony camera was stolen from one, along with eight baseball hats, a backpack and a phone charger worth a total of $200. A $900 Canon camera was stolen from the other, along with a $50 backpack. The thefts took place between 3 p.m. and 4:12 p.m.
* A resident of the 2200 block of Camino Brazos reported that someone used her credit card number to make charges at 11 locations. A total of $1,191.30 was reported stolen in the thefts, reported at 9:37 a.m. July 2.
* A pry bar was used to gain entry in a residential burglary at a home in the 6500 block of Inglewood Drive between 8:25 a.m. and 6 p.m. July 9. Taken was an $800 laptop computer valued at $800, an iPad worth $700, a $200 tablet computer, and chargers worth a total of $200. Entry was through a rear window.
* A $400 iPad, $350 in miscellaneous coins, a $50 computer monitor and a pillowcase were reported stolen in a residential burglary between 6:20 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. July 9 in the 4000 block of Payne Road. A side garage door and the door from the garage into the home had been left unlocked.
* A drill and a saw worth a total of $507 were stolen from Home Depot in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive in a shoplifting reported at about 9:51 a.m. July 5.
* Charles Sjouwke, 28, of Pleasanton was arrested on a felony warrant out of Modesto for assault with a deadly weapon after a traffic stop at about 1:15 a.m. July 9 in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road.
* Ward Allan Keck II, 26, a transient, was arrested at about 5:15 p.m. July 3 in the 5800 block of Owens Drive for possession of stolen property after being caught with a $75 bicycle that wasn't his.
* A resident of the 4000 block of Stanley Boulevard told police at about 3:14 p.m. July 5 that someone used his Social Security number for employment in Tennessee.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 816 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.