* Foothill High School Science Olympiad Club: David Bendebury, Foothill High School, $200 for materials and supplies for Science Olympiad Nationwide Competition
* AVHS Robotics Club: Kevin Chen, $270 to enter the college robotics competition
* AVHS Mock Trial Program: Chloe Connolly, Foothill High School, $200 to buy materials to help students improve public speaking skills and learning about civics, law and government
* AVHS Science for Youth: Beverly Fu, $270 to help promote interest, literacy, and joy in science
* Leadership Funds: Liz Veronica Guevara, Horizon High School, $250 to buy materials and supplies for student character education and recognition
* SIMS Club (Students Interested in Medical Sciences): Saba Hosseinzadeh, Amador Valley, $250 to buy materials and supplies for a college fair to showcase colleges with strong pre-medical and biological sciences programs
* HPMS Science Olympiad: George Huang, Harvest Park Middle School, $350 for lab equipment and team registration fees for club promoting the exploration and expansion of scientific knowledge
* Pleasanton Linguistics Tournament: Rick Huang, AVHS, $150 for materials for preparation for tournaments promoting linguistics and logic
* FHS Math Team (Mu Alpha Theta): Roland Huang, Foothill, $110 for competition fees
* FHS Writers Club Contest: Kelly McDeavitt, Foothill, $100, to support the clubs school-wide writing contest
* Foothill Buddies: Omar Sajjad, $500 for supplies for school-wide program that provides students the opportunity to build friendships with special-needs students.
The PPIE grant program is now in its 23rd year.
This story contains 256 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.