Last week's report of a home robbery may have stemmed from an argument between two friends, police said.
Police received a call about a holdup at a home in the 2100 block of Cascara Court around 10:17 p.m. Jan. 8.; Pleasanton police Sgt. Kurt Schlehuber said the report was filed after a dispute over money one of the men involved wanted to borrow.
"When the victim did not have enough money that the suspect wanted, he stole the victim's wallet and left the scene," Schlehuber said. "This took place in the driveway of the victim's house. This was not a home invasion and we already have the suspect identified."
No arrests have been made; Schlehuber said some of the details provided by the victim did not add up.
In other police reports:
- A call from a concerned resident led to arrest of a woman for inhaling an intoxicant, commonly known as huffing.
The incident occurred Jan. 17 at about 11:24 a.m. in the parking lot of Office Max in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue. Katrina Maria Mortenson, 38, of Sunnyvale was charged with possession of an aerosol for intoxication; she allegedly was spotted inhaling from a can of compressed air, commonly used for dusting computer keyboards. The compressed gas duster contains a substance that can cause intoxication.
- Police are investigating a Jan. 16 set of auto burglaries at the city's operations service center the 3333 block of Busch Road. Three cars there were hit, with $120 in cash and a $50 set of jumper cables among the items taken. The report was filed at 3:12 p.m.
- Maurya Indian Restaurant in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road was burglarized between 11:46 a.m. Jan. 14 and 1:30 a.m. Jan. 15. Taken were a $4,000 cash register, $1,000 computer system, a $700 security system, $600 in liquor, a $400 printer and $100 cash. A rear door of the building was pried open.
- An auto burglary Jan. 16 at the Stoneridge Shopping Center netted a $2,000 laptop, $40 sweatshirt, and shoes. The incident was reported at about 5:02 p.m.
- A routine patrol on Jan. 13 led to the arrest of a teen for identity theft and possession of marijuana for sale. George Simon El Zachem, 18, of San Ramon was arrested at about 4:41 p.m. after police spotted and approached a group of people near Zachem's car in the parking lot of Super Franks in the 5300 block of Owens Court.