In one case, a call that started with a report of a vehicle stolen from an apartment complex in the 5600 Owens Drive led to the arrest of two men.
Officers spotted a different stolen vehicle that had been left at the complex; based on the recovered vehicle, police were led to the sister of a suspect, Bobby Charles Bolin.
Bolin, 31, a transient, was arrested for felony auto theft and felony ammunition possession along with misdemeanor counts of possession of burglary tools, receiving stolen property and paraphernalia possession.
Also arrested in the incident was a passenger, Iran Eory Cortes, 31, of Los Gatos, who was wanted on outstanding felony warrants for embezzlement out of Calaveras County and auto theft out of Stanislaus County and a misdemeanor count of falsely identifying himself to police. The two were taken into custody at about 8:35 p.m. Dec. 27 in the 40700 block of Laguna Place in Fremont.
In the second case, Enrique Steven Hernandez, 34, and Jacob Louis Lanfranco, 29, both of Milpitas, were arrested at about 4:15 p.m. Dec. 29 for felony auto theft. The two were also arrested for committing a felony while on bail; Hernandez was also arrested for felony possession of methamphetamine.
Police received a call about suspicious men behind Jay's Auto in the 4000 block of Pimlico Drive. When police arrived, the two men were standing across the street. A search led police to the stolen vehicle.
In other police reports:
* A Danville woman was arrested at about 12:17 a.m. Dec. 29 on felony and misdemeanor counts, according to a police report that said she was so intoxicated she thought she was at a different location miles from where she was taken into custody.
Ashley-Marie Black, 22, was arrested at Lexus of Pleasanton in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive on a felony count of vandalism and misdemeanor public drunkenness.
A custodian called police after spotting Black wandering around in the parking lot and peering into cars. She also kicked the main door of the auto dealer five times, cracking it and causing $800 in damage.
Black told police she thought she was at a different auto location, which turned out to be in Dublin, two miles away.
* A computer valued at $3,000, a $100 media player and a $50 backpack were stolen from a vehicle parked at Stoneridge Shopping Center between 6 and 8:25 p.m. Dec. 27. It's unknown how entry was made.
* A $2,100 bike was reported stolen from the garage of a home in the 3300 block of Santa Rita Road, along with two $70 bike tires and a $30 bike seat between Dec. 15 and Dec. 25.
* A resident of the 1300 block of Montrose Place reported an AT&T cell phone account was opened in his name at a Stoneridge Mall kiosk, with total charges of more than $1,077.
* A $400 bicycle and a $60 ladder were reported stolen from the garage of a home in the 2800 block of Daylily Court. The homeowner said the theft occurred between 8:30 p.m. Dec. 27 and 12:05 p.m. Dec. 28. She told police she'd accidentally left the garage door to her home open all night.
* A resident of the 1800 block of Palmer Drive told police at about 3:38 p.m. Dec. 28 that someone had opened an account in her name, charging $113 at a Southern California cable company.
* Nothing was taken in a burglary attempt at Mills Uniform in the 4800 block of Hopyard Road, although a lock valued at $200 was damaged by a pry tool. The break-in attempt occurred between 3:50 and 3:55 a.m. Dec. 26.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 600 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.