Editor's note: Fair officials announced the initial concert list before the coronavirus crisis hit, but the 2020 Alameda County Fair remains on as scheduled for a June 19 opening, as of March 26.
The Alameda County Fair is putting together its lineup for the 2020 Big O Tires Concert Series held in the amphitheater during the run of the fair. The shows will include something for the music-lover in everyone -- a little bit of country, some rock 'n' roll, and also alternative.
This year's fair is scheduled to run from June 19 to July 12, open Wednesdays through Sundays, with the theme of "Road to Summer 2020," and again featuring Fair food and shopping, Extreme Live Action Sports Shows, carnival rides and live horse racing.
New performers will be the Commodores, Puddle of Mudd, Randy Houser, Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, RATT, Fat Joe, Kenny Neal and Neon Trees. The legendary Charlie Daniels Band is returning for the first time since 2009. More concerts will be announced soon.
Tribute bands in the 2020 series include Stealin' Chicago, a Chicago Tribute; Bonfire, Tribute to AC/DC; and L.A.vation, the World's Greatest Tribute to U2.
Concert tickets may be purchased online and include admission to the fair. Reserved floor, reserved upper or reserved lower seat tickets must be purchased online.
Fair tickets purchased onsite each day include free general admission seating in the amphitheater, opening at 7 p.m. each night. Concerts also will be streamed live on the jumbotron outside the amphitheater for all fairgoers to enjoy.
Fair admission at the gate is $15 for adults; $10, seniors 62-plus; $10, kids 6-12. Children under 6 are free. Parking is $10. Discounted tickets and parking are available online.
Carnival wristbands are $30 Wednesday to Thursday; $35 Friday-Sunday and July 4.
Fair hours will be 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily, except for an 8 p.m. closing July 4. The carnival opens at noon every day, and at 11 a.m. July 4. Horse racing is scheduled for June 19-21; June 25-28; July 2-5; and July 9-12.
Days with special pricing are as follows:
* Opening Day: Friday, June 19, free until 3 p.m.
* Father's Day: Sunday, June 21, dads free until 5 p.m.
* $2 Fair Food Bites: Thursdays, June 25, July 2, July 9, select fun-sized Fair treats just $2 each until 5 p.m.
* Kids Free Thursdays: for 12 and under, June 25, July 2 and July 9 until 5 p.m.
* Boomers Free Fridays: for 62-plus, June 19, June 26, July 3, July 10 until 5 p.m.
* Pet Food Drive, partnering with Valley Humane Society: Wednesday, June 24, bring new, unopened pet food items and receive free admission and $1 rides until 5 p.m.
* Feed the Need Food Drive benefiting Alameda County Community Food Bank: Wednesday, July 1, bring four non-perishable food items and receive free admission and $1 rides until 5 p.m.
* School Supply Drive for Foster Kids: Wednesday, July 8, bring new school supplies and receive free admission and $1 rides until 5 p.m.
* First Responder's Day: July 4, free admission.
* Military Appreciation: One free Fair admission all day, every day.
For more information and schedules, and special pricing, visit www.alamedacountyfair.com.