Two Amador Valley High students sustained minor injuries after a glass bottle exploded in the school's quad Tuesday morning.
Pleasanton police Lt. Brian Laurence said that two bystanders were hurt by exploding debris during the school's brunch period, Some people took to social media to describe the "loud booming sound" they heard at the school.
Police are working to determine whether the incident was an accident or intentional, such as the result of dry ice or a household product placed into the glass bottle with the goal of making it explode, Laurence said. Classes at the high school were not disrupted.
The incident happened at 10:05 a.m. Tuesday, and no arrests had been made in the case as of Tuesday afternoon.
Anyone with information on this case is asked call Pleasanton police at 931-5100.