Registrations are underway at all Pleasanton public schools with classes throughout the district opening next Tuesday.
Students will need to fill out the appropriate paperwork to begin the school year as they get their list of classes. Other services also are available during registration, such as signing up for the PTA or ordering a yearbook.
Parents or guardians of students who are new to the district should bring a completed enrollment form, which can be found at the district's website under "enrollment," an original birth certificate or passport, immunization records from a doctor and two versions of proof of residency -- bills such as cable, water, land-line phone, garbage or PG&E; rental agreement or a close of escrow document.
Students with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) plan should also bring a copy of that plan, and high school students should bring their latest report card or transcript.
Current students still need to complete walk-through registration, which includes residency verification. Students younger than 18 must have a parent or guardian accompany them to complete registration. Parent or guardian signatures are necessary for some paperwork.
Students entering kindergarten will have to show proof of vaccination for diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus (DPT), polio, measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), hepatitis b and chickenpox. Students entering seventh grade will have to show proof of vaccination for tetanus, reduced diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), according to the California Department of Education.
Proof of age must be shown for incoming kindergarten students who are new to the district and have not already been registered.
While there are no fees associated with registration, district staff recommend parents bring their checkbooks since there are opportunities to buy school spirit gear, pre-order yearbooks and pay for other items.
School site registration dates are:
* Alisal Elementary, Aug. 18 from 8-10 a.m. and 3-5 p.m.
* Donlon Elementary, Aug. 18 from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1:30-5 p.m.
* Fairlands Elementary, Aug. 18 from 7:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:15-3 p.m.
* Hearst Elementary, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30-5 p.m.
* Lydiksen Elementary, Aug. 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Mohr Elementary, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Valley View Elementary, Aug. 18 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Vintage Hills Elementary, Aug. 19 from 9 a.m. to noon and 2-6 p.m.
* Walnut Grove Elementary Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon and 5-7:30 p.m.
* Harvest Park Middle School, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m.
* Hart Middle School, Aug. 18 from 9-10:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
* Pleasanton Middle School, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon and 2-5 p.m. and Aug. 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* Foothill High, Aug. 18 from 12-6 p.m. for students with last names that start with L-Z.
* Amador Valley High, Aug. 18 from 12-7 p.m. and Aug. 19 from 12-7 p.m.
* Village High, Aug. 18 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Aug. 20 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.