The boys of Pleasanton's West Coast Olympic Gymnastics Academy swept four team categories, racked up nearly two-dozen individual first-place finishes and earned spots on the regional All-Star team in the USGA NorCal State Boys Gymnastics Championships last month.
The local academy's Level 7 (compulsory) team won its all-around competition, as did the Level 8, 9 and 10 teams at the event in Oroville that featured about 300 athletes overall.
This marked the fifth straight state title for the Level 9 team, third straight for the Level 10 team and second in a row for Level 8, according to coach Vince Miller.
* In Level 6, Branden Dao was selected to the All-Star team after finishing first in the all-around, vault and parallel bars.
* In Level 7, Colin Flores and Izaih Mlay earned spots on the All-Star team. Flores took first in all-around, floor and rings; Mlay won the pommel horse.
* For Level 8, Tyler Shimuzu, first in floor, and Evan Young were named All-Stars. Will Lavankul, also an All-Star, took first in all-around, pommel horse, rings and high bar.
* Level 9 All-Stars were Jonah James (rings), Zion English (floor and parallel bars) and Robbie Tambunting (vault).
* In Level 10, Bennet Huang was first in all-around, floor, pommel, vault and parallel bars. Andrew Herrador (high bar) was also selected to the regional All-Star team, along with Level 10 gymnasts Wesley Estrada and Jonathan Crisler.