The California Retired Teacher Association (CalRTA) of the Tri-Valley awarded seven Pleasanton teachers a $150 stipend to be spent in the classroom for additional teaching material.
Out of 150 applicants from the four school districts applied, the following Pleasanton teachers were chosen:
* Heather Halliday Dickson, Foothill High School
* Janet Dobbs, Valley View Elementary School
* Merilee Fisher, Village High School
* Tessie Gonsalves, Harvest Park Middle School
* Jodee Nunemacher, Mohr Elementary School
* Paula Simms, Amador Valley High School
* Cheri Weinhagen, Hart Middle School
In addition to the Pleasanton teachers, CalRTA of the Tri-Valley awarded 13 other teachers from Dublin, Livermore and Sunol school districts, and Livermore Valley Charter School.
CalRTA offers stipends to Tri-Valley teachers every year -- paying close attention to how many students will benefit from the stipend, said Cathe Norman.
"We try to be sure we are touching all of the areas of learning," she added.
In years past, CalRTA of the Tri-Valley awarded 10 teachers with $100 -- now it's 20 teachers at $150 each.