A&E

Peaceful war protest is planned tonight

Pleasantonians 4 Peace will host a Peaceful War Protest tonight from 5-6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 22, at the corners of First and Neat streets. Call Cathe at 462-7495, e-mail Matt at mjs7882@gmail.com or visit www.pleasantonians4peace.org.

— Amory Gutierrez

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Julia
on Sep 22, 2010 at 9:07 am

Sometimes I wonder what on earth people are thinking and/or trying to say...What the hell is a "Peaceful War". I truly believe we should not be part of this current war effort...but a "peaceful war". The human mind works in some crazy ways. Or maybe Cathy and Matt are confused.

Julia from Alamo

Posted by Curious
a resident of Del Prado
on Sep 22, 2010 at 10:02 am

@ Julia - You might want to re-read the post. The title states "Peaceful War PROTEST" as in a protest against war that is peaceful.

Posted by really?
a resident of Mission Park
on Sep 22, 2010 at 10:43 am

Any protest is ridiculas and has zero impact on any decision making. War is a necessary part of life, whether just or not. Deal with it. All these tree hugging protestors should spend more time planting trees for the improvement of our enviroment rather than creating "peaceful" chaos and congestion in our streets over nothing more than a attempt to be apart of something that in the end will have no impact. Why don't you all contact your buddy Obama and ask him to help? Oh wait, thats right, he's not qualified for the job. Ok...I will get off my soap box now.

Posted by Julia
on Sep 22, 2010 at 11:18 am

Yes, I was too quick to jump on the core part of the article.

I read the article again and realize I moved too fast.

But I do agree with the comment made by "by really".

By the way...what happen to Cholo's comment?

Julia from Alamo

Posted by HHR
on Sep 22, 2010 at 1:35 pm

really?,

Those are exactly my feelings regarding the Teabaggers. Good for nothing bunch of losers.

Posted by really?
a resident of Mission Park
on Sep 22, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I mentioned nothing about your so-called "teabaggers". But if I had to choose, I would choose the "tea party" over any bleeding heart liberal or a president who knows nothing about running a country and isn't even a legal citizen. I am a hard working American who chooses to stand on the side of America and support our troops, work for a paycheck, and not place the blame of my own misgivings on the government. Btw, I am a 30 something single female who owns 2 homes, lost her job for a year, and still made it work without compromising my credit or integrity by boohooing that it's all the governments fault.

Posted by HHR
on Sep 22, 2010 at 2:33 pm

If you lost your job, blame it on the real culprit, Dumbia. His 8 years of de-regulation are what culminated in what we are living through today. But of course no one can expect a conservative to see it the way it is. There is not enough Drano in the world to unclog such constipated minds!

Posted by really?
a resident of Mission Park
on Sep 22, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Again, see what I mean about playing the blame game? Here you go again Democrats, blaming everyone else for your problems. My previous statement blamed NO ONE. I was merely stating the facts that you and your demi friends like to place blame. Btw HHR, I am sure you were just fine with Bush when you were making hand over fist and your property values were increasing, etc. etc.... Let me call Wine 11 and the Wambulance to come pick you up as I can see all this blame you keep spewing is making you ill. Sorry if my comments have interrupted your patchouli bath, run to the mailbox for your welfare check, or INS repellent invention you are trying to get patented.

Posted by Arroyo
on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Really?

Don't waste your time with the ultra-liberal nuts on this "forum." They aren't really interested in discussion, but instead love preaching, name calling, and condescending responses. I've decided to post my comments in early November at the ballot box.

Posted by funtime4all
on Sep 23, 2010 at 4:53 am

At the corner of 1st and Neal for one hour? Wow! That will show them!!

Posted by HHR
on Sep 23, 2010 at 6:47 am

My property value went up during the Bush regime because de-regulation allowed Banks and other lenders to swindle people into taking bad loans. All of a sudden everyone was qualified to buy a home, demand increased and prices were artificially inflated. Then later on many of these people had balloon payments they couldn't meet, interest only loans that were due and could not be re-financed because their homes weren't worth that, and several other reasons which created the bubble burst that brought us in big part to where we are now. This was created by DE-REGULATION, whether you like it or not.

But I'm wasting my time trying to show you the truth. Extreme Capitalism is as dangerous as the other side of the economic spectrum, Communism, but how can I expect a Conservative to understand that? I'll explain that in the ballots in November.

Posted by Arroyo
on Sep 23, 2010 at 9:12 pm

"But I'm wasting my time trying to show you the truth. Extreme Capitalism is as dangerous as the other side of the economic spectrum, Communism, but how can I expect a Conservative to understand that?"

I rest my case...!! It's obvious that you couldn't carry on a meaningful debate or civil discussion with somebody who disagrees with you if your life depended on it.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Ten Tips for Teens and Young Adults to Survive a Dysfunctional Family
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 1,568 views

Can You Afford Your ‘Dream School’?
By Elizabeth LaScala | 3 comments | 527 views