News

Services this morning for Jill Brierley, well-known school, church leader

Foothill High IT manager stayed active despite 4-year battle with cancer

A Celebration of Life service will be held at 11 a.m. today at CrossWinds Church in Dublin for Jill Martine (Schirm) Brierley who died last week at the age of 54.

She had been diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer just four years earlier when she turned 50.

Well-known in the community, she was in charge of maintaining the Foothill High School Technology Department. She also was active at her church, CrossWinds, and was a counselor for junior high and high school youth group trips.

Her journey of the last four years can be followed on the Blogger.

She was predeceased by her mother Henriette (Scribe) Schirm and her sister Misheline Caldwell. She is survived by her husband of 32 years Casey, her children Bonnie (Rick) Hansen, Sean, Kyle and Brigette; her father Louis Schirm III, siblings Louis IV (Linda) Schirm of Yorba Linda, Lorette (Fritz) Harnsberger of Santa Barbara, Nicky (Tom) Suard of Napa; mother-in-law Peggy Brierley and in-laws Duffy and Gail of Torrance, and Kathy and Larry of Reno; many friends and extended family.

CrossWinds Church is located at 6444 Sierra Court in Dublin.

--Dolores Fox Ciardelli

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Deryl Sturdevant
a resident of Mohr Elementary School
on Sep 17, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Wonderful lady and wonderful family. I coached Sean when he was young and she as well as her husband were great to be around. She will be missed. My prayers for the family.

Like this comment
Posted by Pro-Law
on Sep 17, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Great human bean. One of the most positive persons you'll ever meet - and that is not an exaggeration. God bless the Brierley family.

Like this comment
Posted by Kristine
a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Sep 18, 2010 at 7:50 am

I met Jill when doing the Relay for Life in July....What struck me is she was positive and she has a very loving supoportive family...Rest in Peace sweet lady...

Like this comment
Posted by Carrie Stevenson
on Sep 20, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Jill Brierley was the captain of Hope West Coast Relay for life in Pleasanton at Pleasanton Middle School July 24-25 2010. Our team took in over 11k. She was a good friend to many. She has a loving and supportive family. She battled with colorectal cancer the last four years. She helped alot of people and will be in my heart always.
RIP my friend. I love you

Like this comment
Posted by Gary Schwaegerle
on Sep 24, 2010 at 11:57 am

Gary Schwaegerle is a registered user.

To the Entire Brierley Family; Our Condolences Life is Precious and so Quick may we Cherish one another. Sincerely, Gary Schwaegerle & Family

Like this comment
Posted by jenni gonzalez
a resident of Gatewood
on Sep 26, 2010 at 11:01 am

Jill was a really loving lady! My mom cleans her house and sometime I would go with my mom and everytime she would offer my mom or I a drink and even she would tell us to get food! We really like her! I didn't knew she had cancer untill a family friend tolds my mom and me. Jill is like a roll model! She help everyone she could and I wish I could of help her too! I only got to know her for a short time but in that time I knew she was a really good person! Jill you will be missed and I want to thank you for all! Our prayers to the family!
R.I.P jill brierley
Gone but always in our hearts!(:

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Ten Tips for Teens and Young Adults to Survive a Dysfunctional Family
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 1,663 views

Vericool gives second chances

Can You Afford Your ‘Dream School’?
By Elizabeth LaScala | 3 comments | 541 views