News

LaRouchers campaign in Pleasanton against Pelosi

Two men from the LaRouche Party manned a table in front of the Black Avenue post office Tuesday, campaigning to elect Summer Shields to represent the 8th District in the U.S. Congress, the seat now held by U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi.

At 4:45 p.m. they were handing out fliers and talking to people walking and driving by about the positive message of "FDR's policies and intentions." To one side were posters showing FDR as a young man, reading, "He saved the American people," next to another of President Obama with a Hitler mustache that said, "He saved Wall Street speculators."

"We first put the mustache on Obama in May '09 (due to his health care policies) based on the same type of fascist cost-cutting measures used in '39 by Hitler," said Jobe, 21, who declined to give his last name.

Some people called out negative expletives; others stopped to talk.

"I just talked to an 83-year-old man," said Delante, who also declined to give his last name. "We discussed FDR and the need for a real president."

He said they had been at the spot since about 10:30 a.m. and were from the San Francisco LaRouche Party office.

— Dolores Fox Ciardelli

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by Pleasanton4Life
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jul 20, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I got in a very interesting discussion with these guys who were promoting the need for high levels of industrial and scientific investment to rebuild the economy. This IS exactly what we need in this country. I'm definitely going to their townhall meeting in Livermore this Friday.

Posted by livermore925
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 20, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Now, I normally don't agree with LaRouche's controversial ideas, but for some reason he is making a lot of sense to me. I found myself even donating $50 to get one of his books and DVDs.
The fact that THIS President (I emphasize THIS, because he is NOT my President), is slashing our NASA and scientific programs is ludicrous, and simply a spit in the face to future generations.
I say get rid of him and Pelosi too!
BTW, I think their Townhall info is at our Public Library this Friday starting at 3pm. I'll see you there!

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jul 20, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

I would not get involved in this group. They display many signs of a cult. Please search the Internet about Jeremiah Duggan or read this website by ex-LaRouchies: Web Link

Posted by Nancy
a resident of Pleasanton Village
on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Yeah, seems like you are a bit cooky Stacey. I'm not sure if your a pro-Obama freak, but I think the message is correct. I got a membership just recently and probably will go to the town hall on Friday. Don't drink the kool-aid Stacey. I recommend you listen to Savage Nation to get your facts straight. Summer Shields was on there too!

Posted by Buying stamps
on Jul 20, 2010 at 10:50 pm

After buying stamps, I told them they should spend their time on somthing practical and possible....NOT the impossible. What they're talking about would take decades. They wanted to impeach Obama. I told them, they could better spend their time, working today to replace Pelosi's Congress in a matter of weeks !...much more productive ways to spend their time.

Posted by Resident
a resident of Country Fair
on Jul 21, 2010 at 7:43 am

I saw them a month or so ago when parking at the post office. After seeing their posters, I told them (a young man and woman) they would better spend their time at the Pleasanton library reading a few history books.

Posted by Do your homework
on Jul 21, 2010 at 8:50 am

Those of you who are "interested" should spend some time researching this "party". They come out of Marxist totalitarian fascism. The movement borders on a political cult - Washington Post. There are groups all over the world involved in politics in other countries, but devoted to the ideology of Lyndon H. LaRouche, Jr.. Be wary - he has been known to anti-semitic as well. A great (very old) article on him and his movement Web Link

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jul 21, 2010 at 9:06 am

Stacey is a registered user.

Nancy,

Do your own thinking. You think Obama is bad yet you became a member of a group lead by a _convicted_ criminal? That makes no sense! The LaRouche groups are part of a totalitarian sect that worships the ideas of LaRouche. LaRouche's ideas are frequently called "genius" by members. This group does not care about your own ideas. It is opposite of "democratic".

Web Link
"How to protect yourself and your loved ones from totalitarian sects -
10 Questions for importunate strangers, or Guidelines for those who do not want to be recruited."

Posted by Tri-Valley Teacher
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 21, 2010 at 1:19 pm

You seem to have a wrong definition of totalitarian fascism. The only fascist I see who is hurting my family and friends is Obama. I don't know much about LaRouche, but anyone with the balls to put a Hitler mustache on this insane "empty-suit" community organizer you call President is good with me.

I would suggest you pick up a few history books, because the policies being rammed down our throats by the Obama team, is literally and silently killing people.

When I went to the LaRouche website I personally enjoyed this discussion at this link:
Web Link

And, I have often asked myself, why can't this President (and the last one as well), engage in this quality of dialogue, with the American people.

"These are times that try men's souls."

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Jul 21, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Stacey is a registered user.

Are you a shill for the LaRouche organization?

Posted by pear
a resident of Foothill High School
on Jul 21, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Jobe's name is Jobe Cowen.

source: Web Link

Delante's name is Delante Bess.

source: Web Link

It seems to me that both are from the Orange County area. These news articles both show a picture of Delante and his partner.

Posted by To Livermore925
on Jul 21, 2010 at 7:38 pm

You are hilarious, Livermore925! You obviously work for the lab. Way to be unbiased!

Posted by Chet
a resident of San Ramon
on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:15 pm

These guys are a couple of morons just out to shock folks. I guess this is how they get their thrills. Sad.

Posted by Jeff
a resident of Dublin
on Jul 21, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I've been a Democrat all my life, my parents were FDR Democrats and switched over in the Carter days. I've felt the same need to switch over my card to a more independent ticket considering the disgrace and highly disappointing year and a half.

Everything, this country has fought for. We were pioneers in almost everything. Now, what can I really say to my children. "Oh wait, we have a black president." Well, who gives a fly F@#$, I'm BLACK, what the heck does that mean if he is destroying our country.

If I had the time, since I'm barely making it because of Obama's "economic recovery", I would protest with those young lads.

I'll give whatever time I have to see this guy out. When is that Townhall meeting?

Posted by spirit of 76
a resident of Las Positas
on Jul 22, 2010 at 12:15 am

All info on the town hall can be found at www.summerforcongress.com/events

Posted by Dominic
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 22, 2010 at 8:28 am

This group which may be three total members is just as dangerous as the Pelosi - Reid regime...Also LaRoucher's give those opposing Pelosi a bad name as the non-informed think these guys are representative of those the majority that oppose the continued failed policies of the Obama administration and the democratic leadership.

Posted by Grumpy Antifascist
a resident of another community
on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:21 am

Tri-Valley Teacher:

People call LaRouche totalitarian because ex-members claim that his organization
attempted to run every aspect of their lives (dating outside the organization was discouraged; masturbation was a firing offense; abortion was unacceptable for the general populace, but mandatory for the 'golden souls' who were fighting to save the world), worked them twelve to sixteen hours a day, aggressively discouraged them from communicating with people outside the organization, encouraged members to inform upon each other, engaged in group yelling sessions intended to break down the will of people believed to be planning to leave the organization.

People call LaRouche fascist because his policies bear a strong resemblance to those of earlier fascist leaders. He wants total mobilization to place the country on a war footing. His anti-British propaganda is based on much the same themes as the Nazis' anti-Jewish propaganda. He has endorsed the use of death squads against homosexuals. He has ordered brutal attacks on political opponents (see 'Operation Mop-Up'). At the last LaRouche meeting I attended, his speaker said, multiple times, that the 'Boomers' were holding back the implementation of LaRouche's plan and that the best thing they could do for the country was to kill themselves. Let me repeat this: HE WAS ARGUING THAT SEVERAL MILLION PEOPLE SHOULD DIE BECAUSE THEY OPPOSED LAROUCHE'S POLICIES.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Battle over downtown Livermore plan heats up

Couples: Sex and Connection (Chicken or Egg?)
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 682 views