Police BulletinInternet frauds net more than $14,000 from residents
Two Pleasanton residents reported being victims of Internet fraud last weekend, with one taken for more than $10,000 in fraudulent credit card charges.
That report came in at 3:03 p.m. July 21 from the 1600 block of Ramblewood Way. The resident said two online purchases totaling $10,850 had been made and only discovered when she examined her credit card bill.
In the second, reported at 1:52 p.m. July 22, a woman in the 3800 block of West Las Positas Boulevard reported being defrauded after wiring $3,200 to buy an Acura through Craigslist. So many people have been defrauded through the popular online site that Craigslist now runs a scam warning on the auto sales portion of its site, advising people not to wire money.
In other police reports:
* Six people were arrested over recent days in four felony shoplifting cases.
Gabriel Rodigari, 23, of Alameda was arrested at about 6:58 p.m. July 19 for felony shoplifting and probation violation for taking clothing worth about $780 from Nordstrom at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Christian Michael Ruge, 22, of Dublin, was arrested for felony shoplifting at about 3:27 p.m. July 20 at Kohls in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive. Ruge was arrested for stealing clothing worth $24 from Kohls, with burglary tools -- in this case, a pair of pliers -- to commit the crime, which elevated the arrest to felony status.
Two women and a juvenile girl were arrested around 5:27 p.m. July 22 in a credit card fraud at Nordstrom. Janesses Figueroa Moreno, 21, of Fairfield was charged with felony shoplifting, grand theft and forgery; Angela Marie Baca, 21, of San Mateo was arrested for presenting false identification to a police officer; and an unnamed 17-year-old was arrested for misdemeanor theft. The three used a debit card to charge $596.50 in clothing. The card's owner was contacted and said the trio did not have permission to use it.
Christopher James Diehl, 23, a transient, was arrested at 5:47 p.m. July 24 at Wal-Mart in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive on a charge of felony shoplifting in the theft of a bicycle worth $135 and miscellaneous other items.
* A commercial burglary at Extra Space Storage in the 3700 block of Old Santa Rita Road netted perfumes and other miscellaneous items valued at $11,719. A lock to the storage unit was cut; the burglary was reported at 2:42 p.m. July 21.
* Stereo equipment valued at about $4,000 was stolen from a car in the 6100 block of Homer Court between 8:30 p.m. July 18 and noon July 22. A $1,500 stereo, a $1,500 amplifier and a $1,000 subwoofer were reported stolen; a door lock was punched to gain access.
* A $1,500 laptop and $100 briefcase were reported stolen in an auto burglary between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. July 17 at 24 Hour fitness in the 4700 block of Willow Road.
* A $500 scale was reported stolen in a commercial burglary at the Dublin San Ramon Services District between 5 p.m. July 6 and 7 a.m. July 18.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.