Police BulletinStores draw holiday crime
Stoneridge Shopping Center seemed to be the go-to place for criminals over the last few days, with at least seven crimes committed at the mall or nearby, according to police reports.
Five shopliftings were reported between Dec. 13 and Dec. 16, all of them misdemeanor cases.
In addition, a backpack with $5,000 in cash was stolen from a vehicle parked at Stoneridge Shopping Center between 7:45 and 7:50 p.m. Dec. 14. Also taken was a $50 iPhone and the backpack containing the cash, worth $45.
At about 7:31 p.m. Dec. 14 $2,000 Apple Macbook Pro and a $250 leather jacket were stolen from a car parked in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
In addition, an Apple laptop worth an estimated $1,300 and a $30 backpack were stolen between 10:30 p.m. Dec. 16 and 9:20 a.m. Dec. 17 from a vehicle parked at the Medical Center of Stoneridge in the 5700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Windows were smashed in all three incidents.
In other police reports:
* Stoneridge Mall was not alone in drawing crime. Dominique Myrtaa Ewig, 23, of Oakland, was arrested at Walmart on Dec. 18 for felony death threats and two misdemeanors, for giving false identification to police and for failing to leave the store when ordered to do so.
Ewig was known to store security. When he attempted to return items without a receipt, they ordered him out of the store. He refused, then threatened to kill the loss prevention officer who followed him to his car. The incident took place at about 4:23 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive.
* In other holiday-related crime, Christmas gifts worth $404 were reported stolen Dec. 18 from a home in the 1800 block of Halcyon Way. Also taken was Christmas trim worth $42. The items were taken between 7 p.m. Dec. 12 and 8:52 p.m. Dec. 18 from an unlocked garage.
* Jesus Alvarado Medina Jr., 25, a transient from San Jose, was arrested at about 1:40 p.m. Dec. 14 in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road for false imprisonment of an elder or dependent adult, a felony, and battery, a misdemeanor. Medina refused to let his girlfriend leave with her children.
* Rashad French, 20, of San Jose, was arrested at about 12:15 p.m. Dec. 14 on a warrant for felony theft and for giving false identification to police. French was arrested in the 6000 block of Stoneridge Drive.
* Shawn Everette Lemelle, 28, of San Jose, was arrested at about 12:19 p.m. Dec. 14 for forgery and receiving stolen property, both felonies, in connection with a vehicle stolen at a residential burglary in San Jose. Lemelle was arrested in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road.
* Jesse Allison, 29, of Pleasanton, was arrested at 10:57 a.m. Dec. 13 for felony threats.
* Roselia Martha Banta, 19, of Pleasanton was arrested at 2:10 p.m. Dec. 18 in the 4400 block of Clovewood Lane on a felony warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
* Cooper Allen Eisenmann, 19, of Pleasanton, was arrested at about 4:39 p.m. Dec. 13 for possession of a controlled substance for sale, paraphernalia possession and for committing a felony while on bail.
* A $400 laptop, two BMW key fobs worth a total of $600, a $100 gold coin, a $50 watch, and a $50 iPhone were stolen in a burglary a home in the 5900 block of Corte Arboles, reported at about 9:08 p.m. Dec. 13. Entry was made through an unlocked rear door to the home.
* A Dec. 12 burglary netted $400 cash from Fastenal in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle. Access was gained through a rear door; there was no sign of forced entry. The incident was reported at 9:32 p.m.
* A Pleasanton woman received an unpleasant surprise when Comcast's collections department contacted her. The resident of the 4100 block of Cid Way discovered someone had opened an account in her name and ran up a bill of $971. That was reported to police at about 9:41 a.m. Dec. 14.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.