Cantabella Children's Chorus presents: 'Counting the Joys of Christmas'Continuing the season of musical works onstage is the Cantabella Children's Chorus, presenting its 21st annual winter holiday concert, "Counting the Joys of Christmas," at 1 p.m. and at 3:30 p.m. tomorrow, Dec. 15, at Our Savior Lutheran Ministries, 1385 S. Livermore Ave.
The concerts will present the 12 joys of attending Cantabella Children's Chorus' winter concert:
1. A dancing Christmas tree.
2. Tinsel "snow" and jingle bells.
3. Traditional arrangement of "I Saw Three Ships."
4. Audience sing-alongs to familiar Christmas carols.
5. Harmonious choral students serenading everyone with holiday joy.
6. Accompaniment by professional piano and chamber musicians.
7. A concert theme centered around "The Seven Joys of Christmas."
8. A gospel spiritual of "Go Where I Send Thee."
9. Not so familiar gems in Basque and Hebrew.
10. Traditional carols sung in English, French, Latin and Spanish.
11. Harp accompaniment by renowned Bay Area virtuoso Dan Levitan.
12. A whimsical arrangement of "Twelve Days of Christmas."
The Cantabella Children's Chorus includes children ages kindergarten through high school, trained by the staff and led by Artistic Director Bee Chow.
More than 200 young people rehearse weekly in three training choirs and three performing choirs that include Children's, Chamber and the Honors Choirs. The first concert will feature the training and performing choirs; the 3:30 concert features the performing choirs only.
The Honors Choir recently won two silver medals at the World Choir Games in Cincinnati and has accepted an invitation to the prestigious World Vision Korea Children's Choir Festival to be held in South Korea in 2013.
Tickets for Cantabella's annual holiday performance are: adults, $17 in advance/$20 at the door; youths, ages 2-17, $8 in advance/$10 at the door. For information and tickets, go to Cantabella.org/tickets or call 292-2663.