Underground parking garage may be built in Downtown Pleasanton!

Original post made by Happy , Downtown, on Aug 7, 2014

A new underground parking garage may be built in Downtown Pleasanton! The possible garage, consisting of 2 levels, would be constructed by a private company to add badly needed parking. The planned location of this new devolopment has not been announced to the public, however, it was supposedly announced that phase one of the building process would begin very soon. I am excited for the changes a new parking garage would bring!

Posted by Happy
on Aug 7, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Oops.... I just learned the plan has been called off. :( Could someone or the city PPPPPLLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE build a parking garage! We all would love one soooo much! We don't need a stupid dog park, we need parking! I am sick of our tax dollars going to the little rodents we call "dogs."

Posted by Sad
on Aug 7, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I meant to change my name to sad... No longer happy at all!

Posted by lll
on Aug 7, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I have never had a problem parking downtown. The railway corridor always has parking and I go there when there are big events downtown as well as Friday Concerts in the Park.

Posted by Map
a resident of Del Prado
on Aug 8, 2014 at 8:06 am

Who are these people that are always crying for more parking?? There is always plenty of parking downtown within a block of Main Street, put your walking shoes on or just have your "driver" drop you off!! Forget the parking garage, and forget that dog park,plenty of other more pressing things to spend that city money on, how about covering up that creek by our 1st street concerts in the park before somebody falls in and gets hurt.

Posted by Marie
on Aug 8, 2014 at 9:09 am

Please do not build a parking garage. Leave the charm of Downtown as it is, thats why people go there. You can park at the Firehouse Arts center most of the time when there isn't an event. There is no room for a parking garage, please do not turn our great downtown area into a strip mall!

Posted by Mark W.
on Aug 8, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I like the idea of a parking garage downtown, it would bring more business

Posted by Tear up the side walks
a resident of Castlewood
on Aug 8, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I agree, we need more parking!! A garage is a great proposal! However a better idea is to tear up the stupid sidewalks on main street that should not have been added to increase parking space. Seeing people eating in those stupid fenced off areas disgusts me! If anyone you have lived in Pleasanton for long enough, you know exactly what I am talking about!

Posted by Stupid Sidewalks
a resident of Golden Eagle
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:31 am

I agree, tear the sidewalks up! We voters didn't get our say in the decision to expand the sidewalks!!! I also HATE seeing those cheap looking fenced off areas!

Posted by To "Tear up the sidewalks" & "Stupid Sidewalks"
on Aug 12, 2014 at 10:20 am

And people like you are the reason downtown is such a sad place now. Livermore has plenty of outside dining and is ALWASY packed with HAPPY people having FUN. Who would want that right????!!!

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Aug 12, 2014 at 10:51 am

I've never had a problem finding parking near Main Street. There's plenty of parking spaces on the dirt of the railway corridor just to the east of Main Street, and plenty of street parking on the streets west of Main Street. Maybe as the town grows the situation will change, but for now I don't see any parking problems.

Posted by Tom F
a resident of Castlewood
on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I never have problems parking around Main St. And yaeh, how charming would a parking garage be? What we need are more dingy little jewelry stores and Italian restaurants.

Posted by Mary
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:54 pm

A parking garage is ridiculous!!!!!!! what, do you see lines outside of restaurants? do you see thousands of people causing traffic jam's downtown? uhh NO, what a waste of money if they build something so ridiculous! Why not bring some businesses to downtown, Saturday Farmers market are wonderful, downtown is lively for a few hours.. then nothing... bring some life back to downtown, not a garage that will never fill to capacity!!

Posted by Greg P.
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Aug 15, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Yeah, we need more parking...

Posted by Greg P.
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Aug 15, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I also think we need to tear up the stupid sidewalks...

Posted by Longtimer
on Aug 15, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Build it and they will come...shoppers that is. Keep sidewalks, add parking. Sadly, it's between downtown and ACE/fairgrounds that we need more parking.

Posted by Greg P.
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Aug 15, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Longtimer- your ignorance blows my mind... IF YOU TRULY WANTED MORE PARKING YOU WOULD ALSO WANT TO TEAR UP THE SIDEWALKS!! If we tear up the sidewalks it makes room for more efficient parking spaces like so: / / / / / The current parking spaces look like this: I I I I I

A toddler would be able to tell what parking spaces are more space efficient. Add more parking and the shoppers will come!

Posted by Doggy
on Aug 16, 2014 at 7:19 am

Happy get a dog then your won't be sad. Get dog park soon, we don't need another high rise.

Posted by Right
on Aug 16, 2014 at 9:21 am

Tom Cushing and the rest of us black helicopter types are agreed. The most important feature of the Ferguson cop murder of an innocent black kid is the military costumes worn by the police.

A cement parking garage might afford us all much-needed protection when the liberal State begins raining down its drone strikes at those gun-owning patriots among us who are left to carry on the struggle.

Posted by john
on Aug 16, 2014 at 9:56 am

To "Doggy",

Pit bulls aren't nice. They kill other dogs and people.

I know you didn't say anything about pit bulls.

Posted by Parking Pedestrian
a resident of Avila
on Aug 16, 2014 at 11:42 am

My. my.my what a dilemma. If we tear up the sidewalks for more parking it will bring more people thus making the sidewalks to small for all the people. If we don't provide more parking the sidewalks will be to big for so few people. Wow, what a dilemma.

Posted by Greg P.
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Aug 16, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Parking Pedestrian- We would still have enough space to walk...

Posted by Libby Taryan
on Aug 16, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Don't look now, Right, but there are lots of folks in your neck of the woods who are as afraid of a police state as the leebruls are. Most of the alert journalism on the subject has come from the Cato Institute, and they are about as Right as right can be. You might wanna recalibrate your black choppomometer.

Posted by Simon
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Aug 16, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I think the point being made, Libby Taryan, is that leebruls like yourself are showing their true right-wing colors.

Cop murders abound -- two per day on average across the US -- and sudo-leebruls like yourself can only fixate on the size of a cop's gun. Yeah, what's that all about?

The time to complain about police state was when the cops were beating and gassing occupation folks. Now, at a time when a cop has murdered an unarmed black kid (and did so with a handgun, nothing more) is simply not the most appropriate time. Indeed, it's tasteless as well as politically disoriented.

Posted by More parking!
a resident of Kolb Ranch Estates
on Sep 16, 2014 at 6:42 pm

We need more parking! A big garage would clear up so much congestion! I sometimes give up coming downtown because I know I will not find parking! Let us all pressure Jerry Thorn into building us something useful, not another smelly dog park!

Posted by More parking!
a resident of Kolb Ranch Estates
on Sep 16, 2014 at 6:45 pm

On the issue with the sidewalks, I don't see a problem with them. Though, it does annoying when I see people throwing bits of food at me when I walk by.

Posted by Sadey
a resident of Country Fair
on Sep 17, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I dunno. Posters calling themselves Deport Cholo, others calling others stupid sock puppets. I see the new censorship policy has really improved things. So far, it appears that it's okay to be an uncivil racist, homophobe or xenophobe; it's only when someone on the left sprinkles sarcasm with intelligence that a real problem arises. Keep up the good work, PW!

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Moving to Maine, Maybe

Measure BB could pay to connect Dublin Boulevard to Livermore

“…and all I ask of dyin’, is to go naturally” *
By Tom Cushing | 4 comments | 153 views