Drought

Original post made by yApR , Amador Estates, on Jul 13, 2014

The other day I had gone to Walmart and there is this big grassy area on the left as you drive in to the parking lot from Owens Drive. At full blast were the sprinklers, releasing jets of water.

Isn't Walmart under no obligation to conserve water? Is it recycled water they are using?

Posted by Jess
on Jul 13, 2014 at 10:50 am

I've seen the same thing. All that water for an area that is used for NOTHING. And in the meantime we have to cut back. This whole water thing is a mess. I see several buildings in the business park with sprinklers going full blast in the middle of the day and flooding the streets.
Why doesn't the city start with those people first. I imagine they are wasting way more water than the residents!
If I get a bill with fines imposed I will insist on knowing what fines these businesses had.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 13, 2014 at 11:12 am

Write to your elected reps. It's important that they be advised. Otherwise, you can complain until the cows come home and NADA!

Americans would benefit if they put the pressure on their elected reps.

Don't give them $, ignore them when they come up for re-election, and let them live out their lives happily ever after just not on your dime!

If they ignore you, tell your story the press...it can be a start to feeling more empowered.

Posted by Cholo

on Jul 13, 2014 at 3:11 pm

You can email Pleasanton's water CZAR Daniel Smith

dsmith@cityofpleasantonca.gov.

Or the city Manager Nelson Fialho nfialho@ci.pleasanton.ca.us

Posted by Townhouse dweller
on Jul 13, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Again cholo only offers nonsense. Our townhouse neighborhood is letting all grass die, even though we each pay our own water bills, and many of us individuals are already very 'low water users'. But they've decided 'for us owners' to let our grass die. Then, no doubt, will increase our dues when they have to re-sod next year.
btw 'the city' is the biggest waster all along that Hacienda neighborhood...NOT know-it-all pest, who really knows nothing...just mimicking vile attackers. I'll stick with WalMart...I watch my pennies, not like mouthy ones, who live off our tax dollars.

Posted by #Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jul 13, 2014 at 5:50 pm

[Post removed due to excessive and/or repetitive post by same poster]

Posted by Casey
on Jul 13, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Yapper sounds like a Walmart basher. What he doesn't realize is that companies like Walmart fulfill the American dream. Where else can you make hundreds of billions in profit and have American taxpayers supplement the average Walmart worker with food stamps? God bless America. God bless Walmart. God bless the Walmart family. God bless American taxpayers for bailing out minimum wage workers with supplementary federal assistance allotments.

+   1 person likes this
Posted by Paulette
a resident of Val Vista
on Oct 19, 2014 at 1:03 pm

While we conserve and those of us who have been conserving are broiled over a spit, there are those, like Walmart, who are like royalty and needn't follow the same rules that the rest of us common folks have been commanded to follow. I feel badly for the birds and other wildlife in my neighborhood, who use to depend on our watering in order to survive. I have been putting out a water dish for the squirrels in my tree or other birds. & I check the water or change it to make sure we don't create mosquitoes. If anyone is having problems with ants, it's probably because they are now looking for water in your house (since we aren't watering much anymore outside). One good way to keep the ants out of your house, is to water just enough to keep the ants alive. I haven't had a problem with ants unless I stop watering for more than a couple weeks. Just thought i'd toss that in. Why poison the environment when you can water a few plants and let the bugs, birds, bees, etc have a little fun; they are part of our living world and we cannot exist without them. Last time I watered, my backyard was filled with birds and hummingbirds and bees and all kinds of critters. It's like they came from all around the area to enjoy the water. "Hey! That lady is watering; let's go take a bath!" Make no mistake. I am losing lots of plants and my lawn is brown. I only water every week in a half or so. And, I haven't watered my lawn at all. This use by what you used last year is for the birds. We had company for 2 months; so, what are we suppose to do when an extra person arrives at our home? Tell them to stay at a hotel? I think most people want to do the right thing; it's these automatic sprinkling systems that need to be reset. We'd probably save a ton of water if you'd just tell the true water hogs to shut it down.

Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:36 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

So, the lesson from Paulette, our self promoting water expert is this: she can water when she wants because it saves the birds, but when the evil, vile Walmart property is watered, it's bad, very bad.
You see, union run businesses somehow use water more effectively than private enterprises that don't toe the democrat/Union party line.
Paulette seems like a harmless old bird watcher, but she obviously has a destructive agenda....the killing of businesses like Walmart that don't cave into Union interests. She's a tool of the left and takes every opportunity to attack their business.

I hope we all have something better to do in our golden years than attack employers of the residents in our area.

Posted by Walmarto
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:59 am

Walmart is under no obligation of anything. they have so much power they can dictate how they want things to be.

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Man.. just mention the word WalMart and let the bashing begin.

Don't 'cha think the property owner is in charge of the sprinklers.. not, WalMart, Kohls or anyone else in there?

+   1 person likes this
Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:50 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

Uncle, it seems the flaming liberals all lose their mind at the sheer mention of WalMart. I think they should all stand in the spray of those sprinklers and get the shower they so desperately need. It might also help them cool off from all their union induced frothing.