Montana Newspaper: "We Were Wrong to Endorse Obama" ...

Original post made by curious, Amador Estates, on Jun 28, 2014

I am curious to know if the Pleasanton Weekly endorsed Obama. I know they have endorsed most other Democrats...like McNerney. And I certainly know Pleasanton's Mayor (at the time) endorsed him...even cheered him on at his inauguration.

If the PW did endorse Obama, I would like to know what their opinion is of him now. I honestly do not think he is a failed President. I believe he has succeeded in America's destruction in many many ways.

From the article linked below, the Billings, Montana Gazette has come out with a statement that "they were wrong to endorse Obama." At least they have admitted that he his policies are destructive to America.

Here is the article...
Web Link

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jun 29, 2014 at 9:47 am

I glanced at the linked article. Note that it says that the Billings Gazette actually endorsed Romney in 2012. The endorsement that they are taking back is the one in which they supported Obama against McCain and Palin back in 2008. Not saying that I'm happy with everything that Obama has done, but I have to say that I'm glad that Palin doesn't occupy an office in the White House. I also have to question McCain's judgement in selecting such a totally unqualified person to be next-in-line to the Presidency of the US.

So you see, not everyone shares your viewpoint that the election of Obama was a mistake. I think that you should be directing your ire at the Republican Party for not coming up with better Presidential candidates and for making political blunders. McCain had my vote but lost it when he selected Palin as his running mate.

Posted by curious
a resident of Amador Estates
on Jun 29, 2014 at 10:30 am

Damon,
Just what is it about America that you, the Pleasanton Weekly, and other Democrats hate so much? Why do you despise the U.S. Constitution? For many years, the Democrat Party has tried to destroy the Constitution and finally they have elected a President whose mission is to abolish it...and he is succeeding thanks to having majority in the Senate who will not impeach him, despite his anti-American policies and actions.

I have not been thrilled with Sarah Palin's "communication style" however her principles are aligned with the Constitution, a strong military, a strong economy, limited government and other principles that have made this country strong in the past.

Since you brought up the topic of Sarah Palin, what the are the principles you disagree her? I get it that you are probably in favor of Marxist style collectivism. If so, just come out of the closet and state that you're aligned with Marxist principles.

Posted by z
on Jun 29, 2014 at 11:03 am

Yes, Damon, it's obvious you must be a Marxist on account of your support of John McCain in 2008.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Jun 29, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I'm not too concerned if a person is a R or a D...as long as you take responsibility for VOTING seriously and you don't harm innocent citizens.

Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years age
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 1, 2014 at 3:19 pm

well the facts are in Sarah Palin is smarter then Obama. She predicted the invasion of the crimea region and Obama laughed at the thought and made jokes about Mitt Romney. "The 80s are calling and they want their forign policy back" This is clearly documented So how is it that Obama got it so wrong and she got it right? Now lets take the recess appointments. that are clearly unconstitutional Is Obama that dumb or just dishonest? or both? Their is plenty of evidence that Obama is flat out dishonest. "You can keep your health care Plan Period". "You can keep your doctor period" Lie and Lie. Need I go on. Wait I got another one "under my administration your energy prices will necessarily skyrocket" or " I don't have all the facts but the police acted inppropriately" Maybe he is smarter then i give him credit for and the people who support him are the dumb ones. Wait another from the dems "We have to pass the bill before you get to see whats in it"9 hey sign this contract and then I will show you whats in it) really and these aren't red flags. Any one who supports this current administration is clearly not smarter then Sarah Palin.

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 1, 2014 at 3:46 pm

"pleasanton was nice": "well the facts are in Sarah Palin is smarter then Obama. She predicted the invasion of the crimea region"

Yeah, well you should see my broken clock. It's pretty amazing. Despite the fact that it hasn't been running in years, it indicates the correct time not just once - but twice in each and every day! Uncanny.

Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Jul 1, 2014 at 5:45 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

Damon, that was an excellent defense of the liar in chief. Keep up the wonderful democrat talking points while you watch our country circle the drain.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 1, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

Of course they were wrong...!

I love it when rubes (Obama voters) self-identify.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 1, 2014 at 9:59 pm

You know when you're really dealing with a rube when a rube -- a country bumpkin -- doesn't know what a rube is and calls urban city dwellers by that name. (Reminds me of our mentally unstable rube saying liberals are diseased.) More idiocy from our village country bumpkin.

Yes, we'd be doing so much better had Ba-Ba-Bomb-Iran McCain and his lady Klan Dragoness been elected. Could've spent the past six years waiting for the Ukraine crisis to develop, along with cleaning up the rubble that was once Iran.

Rumor has it R-money/R-money may run again. Oh please, God, please, let this be true. Because we need that truthiness and honesty that he gave us along the campaign trail.

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:48 am

"Formerly Dan from BC" : "I love it when rubes (Obama voters) self-identify."

I have no idea what you, "curious", and like-minded people are trying to accomplish here. Is this some awkward attempt to win people over to your point of view? Do you think that calling the majority of American voters in the 2012 election "rubes" is going to woo them all over to your viewpoint? Maybe you think that people respond well to insults and re-evaluate their political positions when you belittle them? How's that working out for you?

I think that awkward behavior like this attempt by "curious" to draw attention to the political stance of a small newspaper in Montana by asking whether the PW endorsed Obama is somewhat amusing because his motives are so transparent. "Curious" doesn't really much care now whether or not the PW issued any endorsement back in 2012. He just used the question as a means of drawing everyone's attention to the story about this small Montana newspaper in hopes that it would cause people to change their own political views. Cute - because it's so transparent.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 8:41 am

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

"Is this some awkward attempt to win people over to your point of view?"

"Do you think that calling the majority of American voters in the 2012 election "rubes" is going to woo them all over to your viewpoint?"

See my last answer.

"Maybe you think that people respond well to insults and re-evaluate their political positions when you belittle them?"

If they are honest with themselves, they would objectively look at the result of their choices and admit that our current President is an absolute failure. They don't, so they deserve derision instead.

"How's that working out for you?"

I'm doing fine, thank you.

"He just used the question as a means of drawing everyone's attention to the story about this small Montana newspaper in hopes that it would cause people to change their own political views."

What is it about someone honestly reporting their mistake that makes you so defensive? Like me, maybe "curious' is trying to point out the sheer stupidity of electing a man with ZERO qualifications to the most powerful position in the world. And then having that same man be a complete and utter failure in the position.

A sizable portion of our population saw through the facade. It's a pity that you didn't and still don't.

So you deserve derision. Enjoy it.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 2, 2014 at 8:56 am

Doesn't matter which name he adopts, we are left with scrambled eggs. I guess Dan the Rube would prefer another 9-11 attack as happened under Bush's watch (good one, George); or a couple trillion of taxpayer dollars going to a war Bush and Company had to lie about to citizens in order to "rationalize" waging it (and causing hundreds of thousands of deaths as a result); or being responsible for the biggest crash since 1929 (Bush, a week before the crash: "The fundamentals of our economy are in good health).

Turning a blind eye to these unprecedented failures of the Bush Administration, what does our sub-literate, country bumpkin offer? Trumped up charges about Benghasi and the IRS. Hey, Rube, how're those Republican-led special committees doing on these matters? Any new info? Didn't think so.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 9:15 am

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

...and another rube self-identifies!

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 2, 2014 at 9:58 am

"Formerly Dan from BC" wrote: "No, I couldn't care less if you are won over, I just enjoy your self-identification...rube."

So now you're thinking that you can make yourself feel better by calling other people "rubes"? Do you seriously think that I or anyone else gets our feelings hurt by an anonymous poster throwing out childish kindergarten-level insults? How old are you anyway? If your intent was to demonstrate your intellectual superiority and maturity and to convince others of the wisdom of your political views, you've failed - miserably.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:07 am

Ever notice how our country bumpkin projects blue state citizens, urban dwellers as "rubes"? (See Dan's comments above.)

Ever notice how our mentally unstable poster projects disease upon liberals?

Ever notice how the poster who most conspicuously trolls upon these threads on a daily basis, using multiple monikers while so doing, calls everyone except himself a troll?

All this confirms self loathing on his part. He can't stand himself, but at the same time he doesn't possess the cognitive skill needed to self analyze and improve himself. Instead, he takes those qualities that he most hates within himself, and he projects them onto libs, teachers, dems, unions, and just about any other target he thinks have hurt (rejected) him in the past. It doesn't matter that his descriptors are woefully inadequate; he must hurl them at others as a way to purge himself of the maladies which afflict him. Inasmuch as he does this every day, it's pretty obvious that his efforts are failing. Very sad.

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:18 am

@Shirley

I consider myself to be an independent voter and I like to hear reasoned arguments from all sides. But I have to say that a lot of conservative posters here on these forums really don't help their cause by engaging in patently transparent and manipulative ploys, or descending into throwing out childish insults. If conservative posters believe that the Republican party has someone who is able to do a better job than Obama starting in 2016, fine. Let's hear about it.

Obama has conservatives so wrapped up in frustration that they don't realize that Obama is a lame-duck President and the next Presidential election is a mere two years away. Will conservatives be ready for 2016? My guess is that they won't be.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:28 am

@Damon,

I'm not sure the "conservatives" who routinely post on these threads is more than one person. If there are more "conservatives" than simply the rube who calls others a rube, the mentally diseased one who calls liberals diseased, the troll who calls everyone except himself a troll, then the Republican Party has an even bigger problem than it is willing to admit.

But your point is well taken. I would imagine any citizen who is "unsure" of their own position on things would decide to lean left after reading the steady doses of conservative idiocy that come from, like I say, one seriously scrambled up poster.

I've enjoyed your comments. I look forward to some future occasion when we disagree with one another on an issue or position.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:27 am

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

"Cognitive"

There's that word again!

Don't you ever get tired of tracking all the other names you post under?

Rube.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:36 am

Very sophisticated response, Rube, as we always come to expect from you.

Yes, I do frequently change monikers from one site to another, which is an option taken by others, too, which is well within the rules established here by PW eds. Now, were I to abuse the rules, like you consistently do, and post under multiple names on a single thread -- this apparently to provide readers with the illusion that there are people out there who think like you do -- then you might have something to criticize.

But here's the nub of the matter, Rube. You don't fool anyone for very long. For it is highly unlikely that there is even a single individual out there that thinks like you do. Cognitive difficulties, a distinctly conspicuous grammatical style, and a serious condition that amounts to self-loathing-projected-toward-others makes you one of a kind.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:37 am

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

"So now you're thinking that you can make yourself feel better by calling other people "rubes"?"

"Do you seriously think that I or anyone else gets our feelings hurt by an anonymous poster throwing out childish kindergarten-level insults?"

Again, read my earlier post.

"How old are you anyway?"

Old enough to identify rubes. You can bet on that.

"If your intent was to demonstrate your intellectual superiority and maturity and to convince others of the wisdom of your political views, you've failed - miserably."

You fail most miserably with this response. The topic was about a newspaper that admitted it made a mistake in supporting Obama. I was echoing the fact that anyone who STILL says that Obama is a success self-identifies as a rube given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

So...if you are still claiming that Obama is a success, then you sir/madam, are a RUBE.

You are not to be taken seriously by anyone.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

Oh Shirley...yawn...don't you ever get tired of keeping track of all your usernames?

Rube.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 2, 2014 at 1:26 pm

@Damon,

See what I mean?

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:20 pm

@Shirley

LOL! Oh, well, we did give him more than one chance to present his political views in a rational, mature manner. I think that it's time we gave up on that.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

I've answered your questions Damon. Whether you chose to respond to the answers is up to you, rube.

:-)

Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:44 pm

So now we know a broken clock is correct more times than obama.
Shirley I disagree. I would say anyone who is unsure of their position hears constant lies coming out of the democrats would run right fast. Are you going to defend the patent lie Hillary just put out regarding hobby lobby. "Denying women contraception as part of a health care plan is exactly that"(politico, Katie Gluek 7/2/2014) in reference to the hobby lobby decision. That is not true Hobby lobby provides 16 out of 20 options so they do provide contraception through the health care plan. Now if she would have said four out of twenty are being denied that might be more honest. But Quite frankly no-one is being denied contraception you can buy it in many places. But you no what Lier's LIE. That's what they do. Want to talk about benghazi and the "Awful video that we had nothing to do with" Or how about the IRS. "Their is not a smidgen of evidence of corruption" As they settle a lawsuit and admit wrongdoing. Giving Americans private personal information to a clearly political organization for political purposes. Thats corruption. I can go on and on. You never look good when you defend lier's

Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:48 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

Shirley, it's very entertaining to watch all of the other posters here get under your thin skin. It's understandable that you would be so defensive, having regretted your obvious mistake in supporting the failure occupying the W.H. Keep up the good work for your party of leftist trying to undermine our country.
P.S.-I don't consider you worthy of the moniker, Rube.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

And I'm glad ol' Shirley has admitted to multiple usernames...like I hadn't seen that from miles away! <---sarcasm for rubes with multiple usernames

I have one username and I am registered. PW knows who I am.

:-)

Posted by Pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 2, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I personally think it is dishonest to use different user names

Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm

"this crises that some are calling a crises"......."This is not a crises its an opportunity". Anyone want to guess where that came from nancy pelosi
Wait i got another one "this humanitarian crises" obama. This is yet another case of the left not knowing what the left is talking about.
Oh yea Damon since where onto the old saying deal. Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twice Shame on me. Shame on anyone who still supports this clueless and corrupt administration. I have a bridge to sell you. But you have to sign the contract before you get to see what's in it. Get your money out suckers!

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

"I personally think it is dishonest to use different user names"

It IS dishonest. And its interesting that Shirley ADMITS his/her dishonesty. If he/she is not honest enough to post something under their own name, then nothing he/she says is trustworthy.

I'm shock it was admitted...finally. Now every time this cretin posts he/she can be called out.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 2, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Again, consistently throughout the past several hours of posts, we see the same stunted cognitive skills, the same unanswered grammatical challenges, the same name calling -- e.g., some guy who calls himself Dan, among the multiple other monikers he uses, calling others out because they change their name from one thread to another, as if that matters even one iota regarding the quality of the validity claims. You see, it is all simply too much for ol' Dan to endure, getting so cognitively overloaded as he does.

Posted by Formerly Dan from BC
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Jul 2, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Formerly Dan from BC is a registered user.

Projection!

It is to laugh!

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 2, 2014 at 7:04 pm

@Shirley

Forget about them. I think that they may be just some bored high school students looking to have some fun during the summer break.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 3, 2014 at 10:15 am

A few of Obama administration's accomplishments.... Ah, yes, but there's always Benghazi! ... and Fox News.

Web Link

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 3, 2014 at 10:35 am

Oh my Gawd, and Obama is sooooo failing regarding our plunge thanks to Bush and the geniuses of Wall Street.

Web Link

Posted by Everybody
a resident of Castlewood
on Jul 3, 2014 at 10:43 am

Oh my. Isn't Dan gonna just LOVE President Hillary Rodham Clinton!

Posted by curious
a resident of Amador Estates
on Jul 3, 2014 at 11:11 am

Shirley,
Thanks much for making my morning with your humor. You don't actually believe these are actual accomplishments because anyone who is paying any attention (i.e. those who aren't glued to ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, NPR, NYT, etc.) cannot be serious! Otherwise, you are breathtakingly uninformed or brainwashed. I don't have time to comment on all of your list but had to comment IN CAPS on a few. If you actually believe your list, you indeed are a scary statist.

The list you referenced is below...
1. Passed Health Care Reform: REALLY? OBAMACARE IS WORKING SO WELL, ISN'T IT? NEVERMIND THAT IT DECREASES THE QUALITY OF CARE AND INCREASES COSTS.
2. Passed the Stimulus: REALLY? NEVERMIND THAT ALL IT DID WAS TO ENRICH UNIONS, ABOUT 2 JOBS ACTUALLY CREATED.
3. Passed Wall Street Reform:
4. Ended the War in Iraq: REALLY? HOW'S THAT WORKING OUT NOW?
5. Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan:
6. Eliminated Osama bin laden: SERIOUSLY? HE DITHERED IN MAKING THIS DECISION AND FINALLY THE SEALS ACTED.
7. Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry: UHHH...THE PRIVATE-SECTOR BANKRUPTCY PROCESS WOULD HAVE SAVED THE PUBLIC MILLIONS.
8. Recapitalized Banks:
9. Repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell":
10. Toppled Moammar Gaddafi:
11. Told Mubarak to Go:
12. Reversed Bush Torture Policies: WATERBOARDING ONE OR TWO PEOPLE EVENTUALLY PRODUCED INTELL THAT POINTED US TO OSAMA'S WHEREABOUTS AND MORE
13. Improved America's Image Abroad: REALLY? HOW'S THAT WORKING OUT? SO MANY COUNTRIES ARE ALIGNED WITH US AS A RESULT OF OBAMA PROJECTING AMERICA'S STRENGTH, CORRECT?
14. Kicked Banks Out of Federal Student Loan Program, Expanded Pell Grant Spending: YES, ANYWHERE OBAMA CAN ELIMINATE COMPETITION WITHIN THE PRIVATE SECTOR AND INCREASE THE SIZE AND POWER OF GOVT IS A GOOD THING, CORRECT?
15. Created Race to the Top:
16. Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards:
17. Coordinated International Response to Financial Crisis:
18. Passed Mini Stimuli:
19. Began Asia "Pivot":
20. Increased Support for Veterans: ??? YES! THE V.A. SYSTEM IS A CROWNING JEWEL OF HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS, CORRECT?
21. Tightened Sanctions on Iran: ??? IRAN IS SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS WHEN OBAMA WAVES IS BONY FINGER AT THEM, THREATENING FURTHER SANCTIONS, CORRECT?
22. Created Conditions to Begin Closing Dirtiest Power Plants: !!! YES, ANYWHERE OBAMA CAN INCREASE THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS, REDUCE ENERGY SUPPLY, AND REDUCE DOMESTIC ENERGY JOBS, HE IS ALL FOR IT
23. Passed Credit Card Reforms:
24. Eliminated Catch-22 in Pay Equality Laws:
25. Protected Two Liberal Seats on the U.S. Supreme Court:
26. Improved Food Safety System:
27. Achieved New START Treaty:
28. Expanded National Service:
29. Expanded Wilderness and Watershed Protection: YES, ANYWHERE OBAMA CAN TAKE AWAY PRIVATE PROPERTY HE WILL DO IT
30. Gave the FDA Power to Regulate Tobacco:
31. Pushed Federal Agencies to Be Green Leaders: YES! SOLYNDRA WAS A GLOWING SUCCESS, EH?
32. Passed Fair Sentencing Act:
33. Trimmed and Reoriented Missile Defense: YES! WEAKENING OUR MILITARY IS A TOP PRIORITY OF THE DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA! HE IS ACCOMPLISHING THIS GOAL!
34. Began Post-Post-9/11 Military Builddown: (SAME AS ABOVE)
35. Let Space Shuttle Die and Killed Planned Moon Mission:
36. Invested Heavily in Renewable Technology: SOLYNDRA AND OTHER BRILLIANT GREEN ENERGY INVESTMENTS!!!
37. Crafting Next-Generation School Tests: COMMON CORE! INDOCTRINATION IS A WONDERFUL THING!
38. Cracked Down on Bad For-Profit Colleges: YES, DON'T LET THE CUSTOMER DECIDE! GOVERNMENT KNOWS BEST!
39. Improved School Nutrition: NUTRITION CZAR MICHELLE'S MANDATORY SCHOOL DIET PLANS ARE SO WELL-RECEIVED BY STUDENTS AND PARENTS!
40. Expanded Hate Crimes Protections:
41. Avoided Scandal: YES! NO SCANDALS WITH OBAMA. (NOTHING TO SEE HERE! NO BENGHAZI, NO FAST-AND-FURIOUS, NO SOLYNDRA, NO PIGFORD, NO BLACKPANTHER THREATS VS. VOTERS, NO VA ISSUES, NO OBAMACARE ISSUES, AND NO IRS ISSUES, AMONG MANY OTHERS!)
42. Brokered Agreement for Speedy Compensation to Victims of Gulf Oil Spill:
43. Created Recovery.gov:
44. Pushed Broadband Coverage:

45. Expanded Health Coverage for Children:
46. Recognized the Dangers of Carbon Dioxide: YES! LET'S REGULATE THE AIR WE EXHALE!
47. Expanded Stem Cell Research:
48. Provided Payment to Wronged Minority Farmers: NO PIGFORD, EH?
49. Helped South Sudan Declare Independence:
50. Killed the F-22:

Posted by Pleasanton. Was. Nice forty. Years. Ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Thanks. Curious. Hey. Shirley. Waterboarding is Torture But. Droning. An american citzen. To death Without. Due Process is. Ok. I am waiting For. Your Response. To This. Simple. Factual. Statement. Please. Tell me. Which. Is. Worse. In your. World.

Posted by Damon
a resident of Foothill Knolls
on Jul 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm

@"Pleasanton was nice": "Waterboarding is Torture But. Droning. An american citzen. To death Without. Due Process is. Ok. I am waiting For. Your Response. To This. Simple. Factual. Statement. Please. Tell me. Which. Is. Worse. In your. World.

Don't know what Shirley thinks, but personally it doesn't bother me much that people like Anwar al-Awlaki, a US citizen living in Yemen who was leader of the al Qaeda branch there and who preached in support of killing Americans and was behind several plots, was taken out by a US drone. By the way, opinion on this issue is not split along party lines. There are many conservatives such as Charles Krauthammer who have voiced support for the drone campaign against people like al-Awlaki. Conversely, there are many liberals and many "liberal" organizations such as the ACLU who share your views and are against killings such as that of al-Awlaki.

For one conservative's perspective in support of Obama's drone campaign, take a look at the Charles Krauthammer's essay:

Web Link

Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 3, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I dont really need to damon you answered my question. Murdering an american citizen is ok but waterboarding a terrorist is not. that seams like your opinion. To me it seams like twisted logic. Do you support any of the united states constituion? You obviously dont support due process. I dont think its a liberal or conservitive issue I think its a constitutional issue. We have laws and a constitution. Now i know obama doesnt beleive he has to abibe by it and now you have made it clear you dont believe in it either. Damon how do you know what you say to be fact. How do you know he is a leader? How do you know he was behind several plots? Was their a trial where facts were presented? or did obama tell you this. I know one fact obama murdered a U.S. citizen without due process. That sir is an undeniable fact. Your statements are merely opinions from a known lier. (i.e You can keep you doctor period. You can keep your healthcare plan period.)

Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 3, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Again a nice opinion piece, not fact. riddle me this one damon. Why is the benghazi suspect afforded due process. did he not too take up arms against the united states? is it only if you are united states citizen and you take up arms you lose your due process rights? and if you are not a U.S. Citizen and you take up arms you are granted Due process rights. Maybe you could point out in the constituion or the amendments or even in the preamble where it says that becouse I Cant find it anywhere. P.S. were you for droning when bush did it?

Posted by pleasanton was nice forty years ago
a resident of Del Prado
on Jul 3, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Shirley your source is downright laughable. A liberal rag written by two interns and the editor.....that would be like me using a fox poll to defend conservitism! Its slanted. But the piece you cited is even more laughable.
Now their are maybe one or two things on the list obama has accomplished but the rest do not bode well for the U.S. I guess hitler would have had a list of accomplishments too

Posted by liberalism is a disease
on Jul 3, 2014 at 7:55 pm

liberalism is a disease is a registered user.

Ptown was nice, just to simplify the situation, if a non citizen enemy combatant commits a crime against the US, they should be tried In a military court, not the same court citizens are tried in. Only a boob like Obama (supposedly a constitutional lawyer) would advocate for trying an enemy of the state in a federal court, like a common drug runner or thief.

Posted by righty
a resident of Village High School
on Jul 3, 2014 at 8:19 pm

since some folks don't bathe the water shortage will certainly bring out the stench that been around for yrs.

Posted by Shirley
a resident of Avila
on Jul 4, 2014 at 6:28 am

Don't care to engage the righty-wacko who posts here using so many different monikers. But I will say this.... Let's look at how the right-wingers refuse to give Obama credit for taking out Osama bin Laden. Now, I ask, had the elimination efforts failed, who do you think the right-wingers would be castigating for messing things up? So, too, with virtually every other "peep" offered by scrambled eggs. Unfounded claims, falsehoods, and twisted logic is the norm on his plate of slop.

Posted by curious
a resident of Amador Estates
on Jul 4, 2014 at 10:01 am

Shirley, I don't blame you for being uninformed. My guess is that you receive the news from the mainstream media...NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN etc. This news has to be "approved" by the Obama Admin first.

Your contention that it was an "accomplishment" of Obama that he killed Osama disregards such facts as...

- Obama balked three times earlier at giving the OK to get him
- (BTW: Joe Biden recommended NOT to give approval to get Osama!)
- Giving the approval to get Osama is the easy part. The hard part was finding Osama. That was made possible by waterboarding and the efforts of the SEALS. Obama and your democrat party in general were against waterboarding in the first place. Web Link

Shirley, don't despair that most, if not all, of Obama's "accomplishments" you listed were either not accomplishments or had negative consequences that outweighed any positive effects. (I really liked the one where you cited that Obama ended the Iraq war! Biden also said that would be Obama's biggest accomplishment! How's that working out?)

I do think you missed one big accomplishment that Obama has had.
During his 2008 campaign, he said he would "fundamentally transform America." (Which, BTW, nowhere in the Constitution does he have the power to do this.) He is following the principles of the "Cloward Piven Theory" if you have not heard of this. Our massive debt and the current crisis on the border are both evidence that he is carrying out this strategy. It is a deliberate strategy to destroy American capitalism and to weaken America militarily. Please read about it if you've not heard about it...

Web Link

Happy 4th. (BTW: I would also encourage you to see Dinesh D'Sousa's film "America" which is currently at Hacienda and at the Vine (Livermore).

Again, Happy 4th.