Pleasanton school board approves accountability plan

Original post made on Jun 25, 2014

The Pleasanton school board unanimously approved of the district's Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) at its meeting last week.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 6:47 AM

Posted by Whosonfirst, a resident of Laguna Oaks
on Jun 25, 2014 at 1:36 pm

There needs to be a process in place to educate the community at large on what LCAP is, how to provide input that is actually considered, who makes decisions on what gets funding and what doesn't, etc.. Local control is a good concept, but transparency and accountability is lacking, and apathy abounds on all sides, parents included, until something affects them and then it's "but no one ever told me..." (too late). You (PUSD parents), are supposed to have a say in how education funds are spent - do you even understand the issues and how to participate? From the number of opinions so far, I'm guessing people don't understand the significance of the Local Control Funding Formula.

Posted by Dave, a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jun 26, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Hey Jeb,

How come every time I go the News section, and click on a News article, it takes me to a ten word summary and then asks me to click again to get to the article a second time? I went to the "News" section to click just once. Do businesses pay per click to you? If I did, I'd be hopping mad. You're just printing money.

Posted by Gina Channell-Allen, president of the Pleasanton Weekly
on Jun 27, 2014 at 11:16 am

Gina Channell-Allen is a registered user.

Dave,
When you click on any news story, it presents the entire story. When you click on an item in Town Square, it shows just the first paragraph of the news story and displays all the comments as a convenience to the readers.

Also, this is a good opportunity to point out that we do not charge advertisers by the click and never have. Advertisers pay for a duration of time on the site, generally two weeks or longer.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Jun 27, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I've never had any problem reading the news.

I'm the kinda person that knows how to read. I say to myself JUST THE FACTS PLEASE...JUST THE FACTS.

no kidding...some of you will have to put your best foot forward to understand what you're reading...I ALWAYS UNDERSTAND THE FACTS...NOTHING BUT THE FACTS THAT'S ME!

Posted by Deport Cholo, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 30, 2014 at 9:01 am

Local Control and Accountability Plan appears to be a window dressing endeavor to massage what is dictated to us by unelected bureaucrats in Sacramento and Washington, DC.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.