1st Wednesday returns May 7 with focus on families

Original post made on May 4, 2014

The 1st Wednesday street parties will kick off their summer run this week with a Cinco de Mayo-theme but without the popular Beer Garden that attracted hundreds of celebrants and also served as a fund raiser for the Pleasanton Downtown Association and the Rotary Club of Pleasanton which handled the set-ups.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, May 4, 2014, 8:09 AM

Posted by leave your dogs at home!
on May 4, 2014 at 7:37 pm

"family oriented and pet-friendly "Entertainment Garden""

Can someone please explain to me why EVERY Pleasanton event has to encourage dogs? There is a place for dogs and it absolutely is not downtown among thousands of people on the hot streets. When the first person is bitten by a dog how does the PDA and the City of Pleasanton plan to pay for the lawsuit?

There will be food vendors there as well as a farmer's market. Dogs are forbidden from farmer's markets and required to be 20 feet away from any food vendor. This is CA law and the Alameda county health department will be happy to enforce it. Does the PDA really want the health department to shut down their event because the dog owners of Pleasanton cannot go anywhere without their dogs?

I plan to be at every event taking photos of any dogs where they do not belong. I will send the pictures to the health department. If the PDA does not enforce the health rules then the event can just be shut down. Enough is enough, leave your dogs at home!

Posted by I Love Dogs!
a resident of Vineyard Hills
on May 5, 2014 at 4:44 am

At "leave your dogs at home!"....
GET A LIFE ALREADY! What loser roams events taking pictures of all misbehaving dogs??? You are a very sad human being my friend. I truly feel sorry for you.

Posted by Jake
on May 5, 2014 at 6:49 am

To the "I love dogs",

It sounds sad to me that you have to call people names to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for you. Not everyone loves your dogs. Keep them on the leach and follow the laws, or suffer the consequences. I also encourage people to take out their phones and photograph or take video.

Posted by Beer Gardener
a resident of Livermore
on May 5, 2014 at 7:26 am

Everyone who I know that frequents the booths each year also participates in the beer/wine drinking in the beer garden. I wonder how much profits will drop because of this decision, and how long until they decide to back pedal their decision.

Posted by Certainly Not Better than YOU
a resident of Country Fair
on May 5, 2014 at 9:12 am

We are soooo sick and tired of listening to such PICKY and self Centered people in our community. For od's sake Live and Let live...this world has enough problems with out being so petty. Thank God you have a place to get some fresh air and enjoy the freedom you have in this country.

If it's not dogs, it's the loud music, if it's not the loud music then it's the booze people partake..it could be worse and you would have the prostitutes out hustling your husbands or the druggies trying to get your children hooked. Grow up and enjoy the privileges we all deserve.

Posted by Certainly not Better than You
a resident of Country Fair
on May 5, 2014 at 9:15 am

Okay so I left the "G " out of God..I'm sure someone out there will correct
or complain...at least I'm human and admit when I make an error.

Posted by Dog Lover
on May 5, 2014 at 11:45 am

WOW.... taking photo's of every dog at the event. I personally bring my dog to the event, and enjoy others. I think sometimes the dogs are better behaved than the adults. First Wednesday is a wonderful event for all to enjoy, if you do not like the dogs well then just STAY HOME!

Posted by William Tell
on May 5, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Since we live so close to Oakland, I always roam the grounds and take cell phone pictures of anyone who I think looks suspicious. Then if, say, a 7-11 is robbed nearby, I'm able to provide police with a list a likely suspects based upon their appearance and where they appear to be from.

Most of the time the police don't welcome my efforts. It may seem dillusional but I think without question their trying to stretch out the time it takes to find the criminals because of union rules that allow for more overtime pay footed by the taxpayer.

Posted by Milo Bloom
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on May 6, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Milo Bloom is a registered user.

I don't like anybody.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Martin Litton, force of nature. An appreciation.
By Tom Cushing | 2 comments | 1,116 views

What to do with your buckets of water

The Golden Days of Television

How Many Colleges Should I Apply To?
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 537 views