Does New Pleasanton Utility Billing Web Portal Work?

Original post made by Franco on Apr 15, 2014

I wanted to register for this web interface after discovering its availability on my water bill. You can find the registration interface on the city website by clicking on Services, and then Utility Billing and Utilities, and then finding the click to the Web Portal. I tried numerous times to enter the information requested in order to register and it kept coming back saying my information does not match with records. The information requested is not at the "rocket scientist" level, so I concluded that the web site is faulty. I sent an email to the email address listed on the registration page days ago. No response.

I was wondering: anyone out there registered successfully?

Posted by A Neighbor, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I had the same problem late last year. Luckily, the fix is easy. When you see "information does not match with records" it merely means they have not established an online account for you. Call them on the phone and the system admin sets it up for you in one call.

Posted by Franco, a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Franco is a registered user.

I thank A Neighbor. Will do. Never encountered a web site registration process that has you enter in requested information, and then forces you to call in, but does not tell you in the registration process that you have to do this. Which means the web site does not work in any sense that would be considered normal........ Example of our great City of Pleasanton's web presence?

Thanks again for the info.

Posted by Franco, a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Apr 16, 2014 at 9:31 am

Franco is a registered user.

I talked with the utility representative at the city and it was explained why the registration failed. And the fix is easy but needs one to call in. Long time customers such as I were not required at the time to provide the last four digits of our social security number when we were set up in the billing system. So, if you use the registration and enter in the requested four digits and it comes back that the "information does not match", then you must call the utility department and they will put this missing information into the system since that will likely be the problem.

I hope this information helps others.

The web site is useful because I found it provides the last 13 payments history. It does not, however, provide the actual water usage information. But from the payments history one can get an idea of water usage so that you have an idea if you are cutting back or not. Since there may be penalties assessed for not cutting back, it is wise to know something about one's past usage. (I don't save the paper bills that come in the mail.)

Posted by Kathleen Sebelius, a resident of another community
on Apr 16, 2014 at 9:45 am

Problem with your web site? I can fix it. I'm looking for a job.

Posted by Water Bill payments, a resident of Highland Oaks
on Apr 16, 2014 at 9:48 am

I am able to make online payments, but I do not receive email confirmations. I submitted an inquiry (via email), but never received a response.

Posted by Autopay?, a resident of Ponderosa
on Apr 16, 2014 at 10:56 am

Is it possible to set up Autopay for the water bills? This is the only bill I have that's not automated and the website doesnt seem to have an auto-pay option. Seems from their website you have to actually go into the office to set up autopay?

Posted by Citizen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Apr 16, 2014 at 1:15 pm

@Kathleen S. - How can you do IT work and run for Senator at the same time!!?

Posted by Citizen, a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:20 pm

They had enabled the auto draft feature for auto payment few months back, was able to register and my last bill was paid through my bank account. Do not see the link on the website anymore (maybe because I am registered).

Posted by Bad, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I would never, never pay bills on my computer. I have never entered my SS#, my birth date, or any financial numbers on my computer....don't intend to in this lifetime. Any who want to be paid fast will accept my phone call, automated is OK.

Posted by Kathleen Sebelius, a resident of another community
on Apr 16, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Citizen wrote: "Kathleen S. - How can you do IT work and run for Senator at the same time!!?"

No problem. Anyone with half a brain can build a web site. Barack and I built Healthcare.gov in our spare time.

Posted by digitalFlack, a resident of Stoneridge
on Apr 17, 2014 at 11:43 am

I logged in this morning, used my billing ID and 4 digits of SS#, created an account and was allowed in directly, no phone calls.

Downloaded: Bi-monthly usage since Jan 2008 and Billing since 2011

I can see August has been a month of water usage for this house....

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:41 pm

DigitalFlack - How did you download your usage?

All I can see are payment and billing history.

Posted by Steve, a resident of Stoneridge
on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I found it!

"Usage History" is listed in the Billing Information drop down menu.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.