Verizon adds Pleasanton sites to improve service

Original post made on Dec 30, 2013

The Verizon Wireless Network announced this week that it has added new 4G LTE cell sites along Vineyard Avenue, Isabel Avenue and Stanley Boulevard.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, December 29, 2013, 7:06 PM

Posted by Bill
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I've got six more months on Sprint, and then it's hello to Verizon. Thank you for the new towers.

Posted by Talker
on Dec 30, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Wonderful!! At last we can join the 21st century!! Now our streets won't be clogged with callers standing outside talking on their phones.

Posted by john
on Dec 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm

If only we could get AT&T to add their tower at Stanley and Valley. Has anyone heard any news on that?

Posted by Abe
on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:12 pm

hands down the worst company in America. Verizon. try calling their customer service when you have a problem. You'll find out what I mean.

Posted by Verizon
on Dec 31, 2013 at 12:39 am

Thank you honest Abe. I cannot wait until my contract with Verizon is up. They are greedy thieves.

Posted by Chris
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Dec 31, 2013 at 7:34 am

Interesting some of the negative Verizon experiences expressed here. I left AT&T Mobile years ago for Verizon and have never looked back. Could never get reception in my office, home, and friends homes which are all in Pleasanton with AT&T and just the opposite experience with Verizon. Over the years have called Verizon dozens of times to change plans or report minor issues and overall customer service has been good. The extra cell sites in what were likely the few areas they were weak only makes Verizon a better choice for those that live in Pleasanton.

Posted by Former VZ customer
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Dec 31, 2013 at 9:10 am

Switched from Verizon to AT&T. Network coverage is about the same for both, but AT&T's customer service has sealed the deal for me. I hope I never have to rely on Verizon's customer "service" again.

Posted by Happy Customer
on Dec 31, 2013 at 9:12 am

I have never had any trouble with Verizon's coverage or customer service. They have always been helpful, resolved my issues and I cannot remember ever having a call drop - on my end. Many of my friends have AT&T and they have experienced "dead zones" all over town.

Posted by Froggy
on Dec 31, 2013 at 9:25 am

AT&T coverage is the pits, and has been for 15 years or more. Whenever I hear people complaining about coverage issues and dropped calls, I ask them who their carrier is. 80% of the time its AT&T. I switched to Verizon years ago and haven't looked back.

Posted by john
on Dec 31, 2013 at 10:14 am

"Network coverage is about the same for both"

I don't know where you live, but around the Vintage Hills area AT&T coverage is awful, Verizon is fine throughout Pleasanton.

Posted by Jennifer
a resident of Pleasanton Middle School
on Dec 31, 2013 at 10:55 am

I love Verizon and always have and always will. Their customer service is outstanding, and I love the way they always train their reps on the phones so there is an expert on duty at all times in tech support. People help me with any problems, chat, make sure that everything's okay. I had many problems with my last phone, and they walked me through every possible solution before we just trashed it and got a new one - I was 1.5 years into the contract. The stores are just as helpful. I have been with them since 1999. NO complaints. I'm sorry that some of you have had bad experiences. You should always escalate to management if you do - I assume they'll fix, although I've never had to do that.

Posted by Jennifer
a resident of Pleasanton Middle School
on Dec 31, 2013 at 10:58 am

Oh, and they're also really good about analyzing your plan, helping you to evaluate, and they can change on the fly - then change back, no problem. I love it. Oh, and coverage is excellent - 4G everywhere and phone service everywhere. They don't lie on the map in the commercials.

Posted by Citizen
on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:06 am

And . . . The cell phone wars continue. If you like your cell phone service, you can keep it!!

Posted by VZ? No, thanks.
a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 31, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Someone wrote: "Their customer service is outstanding." Ha ha! That's not the word I'd use to describe it. Some days, they might be better than Comcast, but not by much. And Comcast is -- in polite terms -- hardly the model customer-service organization.

Posted by Froggy
on Jan 1, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Actually, I have found that as lousy as Comcast's customer service is, AT&T's is worse. Wireless and land line -- just awful. I dropped AT&T land line for business two years ago for Vonage, and haven't regretted it for a moment.

Posted by VZ not worst
on Jan 3, 2014 at 11:12 am

In my experience, I've gotten the worst customer service from Comcast. Verizon is not as bad as Comcast (usually). No first-hand experience with Vonage, but sometimes, people talking on a Vonage line sound like they're underwater.