Beware of disabled lady in motorized wheelchair with a dog.

Original post made by Don on Dec 19, 2013

Again I would like to make every driver who uses Valley Ave. between Greenwood Dr. & Santa Rita Rd. to watch out for the disabled women in her motorized wheelchair with her dog. She continues to cross from the apartments she evidently lives in without going down the street and legally crossing in the crosswalk. When it is foggy, it is difficult to see her inching her way across the street. This would be called "Jaywalking" to any pedestrian and they could be cited for this. However, the most important thing here is her safety. I travel Valley Ave. every morning on my way to work and sometimes I see her stopped in the middle of the street, with her dog on a leash, waiting for a chance to get across in her motorized wheelchair. Most likely she is on her way to the park with her dog. I have been watching this happen now for 7 years and we certainly do not want something bad to happen to her.

Posted by Bryce, a resident of California Somerset
on Dec 21, 2013 at 12:46 am

So you were concerned for her safety for seven years and the best solution you could arrive at was to post a complaint here? Way to be proactive! Maybe you should get the Boy Scouts to help her with her daily trek. She probably enjoys getting outdoors with her dog and she has great courage to even attempt to navigate our deadly roads at all.

Cholo on the other hand, is an obtuse changeling, and someone should report HIM multiple times if they haven't already. Why anyone would want to punish this lady is beyond absurdity.

Posted by Don, a resident of Ironwood
on Dec 21, 2013 at 9:50 am

Bryce- I take offense at your remarks and I don't mind telling you. On the news this morning was the situation in San Jose where a disabled person in a motorized wheelchair was struck and killed crossing the road. Your idea of a Boy Scout helping her is ridiculous since they are on their way to school & she does not have any set time to cross. I cannot answer for the Pleasanton Police Dept. and why they have not seen this for themselves. Believe me I am concerned for this ladies safety as I work in that field every school day, crossing children to school. All she has to do is go down to the corner of Santa Rita Rd. & Valley Ave. and cross when the lights direct her to. All I would like to do, is prevent an accident from happening & someone losing their life.

Posted by Crossan Guardino, a resident of another community
on Dec 21, 2013 at 10:30 am

Meanwhile, two able-bodied residents who could help have decided to compare their boy parts instead, and the lady is STiLL without assistance. Sheesh.

Would someone, anyone who lives anywhere near there please fill yourself up with the Holiday Spirit, go to a bike or auto parts store and buy her some reflective strips or buttons for a few bucks? Frankly that's all that has saved several bike riders from a kiss by my bumper, and it's Very East Prevention.

Merry Christmas.

Posted by Bryce, a resident of California Somerset
on Dec 21, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Don, I find you offensive for procrastinating over a situation that has clearly been placed in front of you. Perhaps this is your duty alone and if you are so concerned about her, why don't you actually do something about it yourself? Instead you wait seven years and come here to be the hero or predictor of doom. I don't mind telling YOU that you've dropped the ball with your inaction! Alerting us after years of witnessing a perilous issue is not something to pat yourself on the back about. If you don't want to hear another story about someone getting mowed down you better thnk of a more realistic approach to the problem next time. Do you think that you are the only one that sees her after all these years? This women may not care about your crosswalks and she may not ever have an issue either, hopefully. Unless you make a move toward a solution, coming here way after the fact is of little value or consequence. Much like the streets, people will see the dangerous scenario and nobody will do anything because they don't want to get involved or they're too busy. One person can make a huge difference so look in the mirror and decide.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Dec 21, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Maybe she is a danger to herself and/or to others and should be picked up and evaluated by mental health professionals.

Posted by kbenson, a resident of Bordeaux Estates
on Dec 22, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I see plenty of people jaywalk on Valley and santa rita. They tend to cross directly in front of KFC towards the park. (Not sure why they have a death wish) walk a few yards towards the crosswalk and save you time @ the hospital or worse.
Someone mentioned that posting here does not help? well telling these jaywalkers do nothing but a "why should you care?" comments.

Posted by Arroyo, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 23, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Bryce,

"One person can make a huge difference so look in the mirror and decide."

Now that you've been made aware of this dangerous situation, what are YOU going to do besides cricicizing Don?

Posted by Bryce, a resident of California Somerset
on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:18 am

The point is, it lessens the impact of your statement to say you are very worried about someone but couldn't help or mention it for 2555 days! What prevented him from posting up when he first noticed her if that's all he was going to do to help anyway?

If I ever see her I'd be more than happy to put on my flashers, block the street and direct traffic if needed so she could cross safely. I won't sit and ponder whether it's up to me to step into action.

Riverass: I'll tell you what I did in seven years so hold your tongue.

Posted by Cantata, a resident of Birdland
on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:07 am

Bryce,

And just what have you done for Kathleen R, whose incessant posts on this forum are so obviously a cry for help from a bitter, lonely shut-in?

Posted by Daveg, a resident of Birdland
on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

Daveg is a registered user.

I think Cantata may have Kathleen R mixed up with Ms. Cholo. I see no posting here for Kathleen, however Ms. Cholo seems to pop up on almost every posting with various gibberish.
And a Merry Christmas to all!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Tough new rules on water are necessary

Circumstances without Pomp

‘Much Ado’ or is it Adios for ObamaCare?
By Tom Cushing | 3 comments | 182 views