Winds cause havoc in Pleasanton

Original post made by Stella on Oct 28, 2013

We had several large trees fall in the downtown area last night-many causing LPFD and police to come out to block streets and cut trees. a large one fell on Harrison street and they set up cones at each end of the street. Next I heard was a 5AM, yes AM bunch of chain saws and a wood chipper cutting up the tree. Now couldn't the city wait till at least 7 am to do this? WHY 5AM when many of us were sleeping after being up late listening to trees crashing and falling left and right last night?
Seriously If I make noise at 5am with equipment, I can bet I will be in trouble with the city for making noise.(Word removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

Posted by mooseturd, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:26 am

mooseturd is a registered user.

It's a matter of public safety. Besides, they had a permit.

Posted by PV resident, a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:35 am

Thanks for the Pleasanton clean up teams for being up so early (I even saw some around 4am that morning) and making our city safe and drivable!

Posted by Smiley Face, a resident of Castlewood
on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:43 am

Thanks to those who are willing to get out of bed before 5am to clear our streets of debris from the storm. Many of us are grateful.

Posted by Citizen, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:50 am

Thanks to the Pleasanton Team for their early morning clean up so people can get to work on time in addition to ensuring public safety!

Posted by 30yearPtownResident, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 29, 2013 at 11:01 am

I love living in a city where the public service workers put the safety of their residents first. I'd rather be woken up in the early morning by a chain saw cutting down a tree that could have fallen on my house or car or loved one than have to deal with the aftermath of a storm where no clean up or maintenance was performed to protect my life and property. Try some ear plugs next time, Stella.

Posted by Foxswallow, a resident of Birdland
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I was driving around Pleasanton the evening of the heavy winds and saw a lot of debris and fallen branches and even a tree. But the next morning, on my way to the ACE train station, there was little evidence that such a heavy wind storm took place...thanks to our cleanup crew.

Posted by Truth, a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Stella...I am sure the workers would rather be in bed than outside working at 4 am to make your streets safe. Your elitist attitude is unbelievable! I love living in a city that is proactive not spewing some excuse about budget crisis and other excuses to avoid keeping our city safe. The ungrateful few (Stella) should be required to live in Oakland for a month and see how long, if ever, it takes to have a city service respond. To our wonderful city crews please except my apologies for Stella who has no grasp on reality!

Posted by John, a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:43 pm

They were paid well to clear those trees. Just doing their jobs and what they are paid to do and I bet picked up some OT and shift premium as well.

Posted by Smh, a resident of another community
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Why not just make it 9am so everyone can sleep peacefully. The ungrateful people can drive their 4x4's over all the down trees that block the road.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.