Affordable Care workshop at LPC Oct. 29

Original post made on Oct 14, 2013

Assemblywoman Joan Buchanan (D-16th) will host an Affordable Care Act information session from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29 at Las Positas College. The event is being co-hosted by East Bay Agency for Children, East Bay Community Services, and Axis Community Health. At the meeting, participants can learn about California's Health Benefit Exchange, known as Covered California, which has begun enrolling eligible Californians for health insurance coverage that will begin in January 2014. Califorians who do not have health insurance from their employer or another government program, or for whom insurance is not affordable, are eligible and may qualify for help with premiums.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, October 13, 2013, 6:31 PM

Posted by Bug Splat
on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:03 am

Notice how the Democrats are going out of their way to sign up people for ObamaCare for which the taxpayers and people paying for insurance will be footing the bill? It's another chapter of the Democrats getting the masses beholden to the government for everything, so the Democrats remain in power. The ruling elite dictating to the impoverished masses. The Soviet Union tried that - how did you like the results? California has been trying that and the state is bankrupt. Now the socialists are bankrupting the U. S.

Posted by !
a resident of Amador Estates
on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Let's have the "Honorable" Democrat Joan demonstrate to we mere serfs how to perform the necessary "do-it-yourself" surgery and dentistry at home since quality health providers will not be available when we need them under Obamacare.

While she's at it, let's have Honorable Joan sign her socialist buddies -- Jerry McNerney, Pete Stark, Madam Pelosi, Boxer, etc. -- up for Obamacare also.

Kiss any privacy you have left with Obamacare...including electronic security to your bank accounts.

Posted by brrr....
on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Affordable by burdening the young and healthy as if it isn't bad enough that those young and healthy are already working their behinds off funding social security and medicare for the baby boomers. Now they have to work even harder to buy a healthplan that they won't need or use only to fund more entitlement programs. What a shame...

Posted by john
on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:40 pm

To "brrr",

Any young person who didn't buy health insurance was one car wreck or serious illness away from the poor house. There are plenty of reasons not to like Obamacare. This isn't one of them.

Posted by Taxpayer
on Oct 15, 2013 at 12:18 am

Most younger adults buy affordable 'catastrophic' insurance. But, Now they will have to pay into a more costly plan. Many irresponsible elders have not planned or saved for themselves. We focus on making people live longer, not smarter, or economically wise, or ethically responsible for themselves.
The only winners in the new socialized insurance program are the inner city folks and the big insurance companies. The dirty little secret is, this is an 'insurance' program...good luck on finding medical 'care', i.e. doctors, specialists, and high-end clinics. Many doctors are choosing to not participate.
Young adults and middle-income will be footing the bills, by paying for subsidies for about half the population. Pelosi and Obama haven't spent much time talking about the plans they came up with for 'funding and funders',,,maybe it's somewhere in those 2500 pages Pelosi we'd have to 'pass it to be able to READ it'.

Posted by john
on Oct 15, 2013 at 8:32 am

"...for about half the population."

You might want to double check those numbers. I don't see how you get that high, unless you're including Medicare recipients, and even then it seems a little high.

Posted by Another John
a resident of another community
on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:16 am

Thanks Assemblywoman Joan Buchananfor hosting this! I'm sure ignorance is preferred by many of the posters above - but that's what Fox News is for.

Posted by Citizen
on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:47 am

Shut it down!!

Posted by ACA
on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Obamacare: Signed, sealed. delivering. Boy Ive had enough tea thank you

Posted by Say Uncle
a resident of Jensen Tract
on Oct 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Yeah, baby! This ObamaCare is working out great so far. Any of you supporters jumping ship yet? Many of your "rat" politicians are trying to back away from the ACA now that it's failing, as predicted. Too bad; the Dems own it. Once again, big government fails trying to do things it shouldn't be doing. Enjoy!

Posted by Suzie P
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Oct 23, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I've been trying to get on the internet to lower my insurance costs, but the glitches are preventing me. We should abolish democrats and impeach Obama. They shoved the law down our throats. I want my Obamacare!!!

Signed,
Suzie P, long time Republican

Posted by Taxpayer
on Oct 23, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I don't care for Tea, I watch PBS, C-Span, & CNN, and have learned the current problem is really because Obama was trying to hide the costs from the mid-income 'healthy', to 'pay for' the lo-income 'Unhealthy"...So they'd have to register first, before they find out their (high) costs, because the plan will not work without the wealthy and healthy supporting the program.
How dumb. No matter my health or wealth, anything like insurance I would want a printout of abc company, and printout of xyz company, with quotes
before I would make any decision. Unrealistic to expect people to read once and sign up.
I won't be signing up anyway. I have never, and will never, put my social security on my computer, NOR my birthday. Post those two 'online' for masses to see??? get serious, these sites are available to about 4 different government agencies, plus all the insurance companies you've 'checked out'. After all we've learned lately only a fool would post their Soc Sec & BD for the world to see....with 'big brother' at work!
In the last 2 weeks, the President of Brazil and now the President of Germany are angry & fueding with Obama over US cyber snooping in their countries!! Snowden is right about government snooping. I certainly not going to pass out my information for id thieves.
The irony of 'medical information' is this government started HIPPA about 6-7 years ago, NOBODY can know your medical information, NOW we're suppose to post it all on our computer for about 6 agencies to access???? NOT this kid !!!!

Posted by Taxpayer
on Oct 23, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I am so repulsed at knowing I have to pay top dollar premiums and taxes to subsidize the free lunch crowd, with a list of programs and now with subsidized insurance too. I do without a lot to pay my premiums, the free ride approach might be better.

Posted by Right
on Oct 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Well, dem mobsters, how's that 'affordable healthcare' working out for you? Over $600million to set up a website, with 3 years to complete it and this is what your leftist govt delivers. Please tell me how you are surprised this is the result of your hard earned tax dollars being spent on govt mishandled healthcare. As some dems are now claiming, we just need to spend more money to 'fix' the system. How on earth can you Kool aid drinkers continue to defend the actions of the amateurs that occupy our govt?

Posted by Suzie P
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Oct 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Give me my healthcare! I want it now. Yes, I opposed it, but then I found out I'll be saving $230 per month. Impeach Obama and the Dem mobsters who gave this to us and now won't let us have it!

Suzie P, Repubilcan

Posted by Susie
a resident of Country Fair
on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:26 am

Suzie P--after you wait for 2 months to get a doctor's appointment and 4 months for a needed surgery, then we'll see how happy you are with Obamacare. With no money spent to increase the number of physicians, nurses or other healthcare professionals, who is going to take care of all these "happy" insured?