Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta

Original post made by Thompson Thorpe, Castlewood, on Oct 12, 2013

I'm not sure if this is relevant. So I thought I'd throw it open to discussion. I was reading some background information on Ted Cruz, open minded, no ulterior motives, when I came across the fact that he was born in Calgary, Alberta - CANADA. He father was born in CUBA.

I laughed when I realized he was one of the heads of the Tea Party. Now, if I understand this correctly. Isn't the Tea Party the ones who were behind the birther campaign.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell. I hope there is agreement soon. I don't want to see America lose its place as the financial cornerstone of the world. I'm not happy with people in Washington, but then again, I never was.

Let's all hope for the best.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 12, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Ted Cruz for President! This country needs to be led by a Cuban-Canadian. It's what our Founding Fathers wanted.

Posted by Sooooo
on Oct 12, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Nice try bro. Romney was born in Mexico, McCain in Panama, and Obama in Kenya or Malaysia or whatever. Instead of trolling ask yourself one or two questions. Why did or government shutdown so immediately when the borrowing was stopped and why is it the only way we can continue to exist is by borrowing more by increasing the debt limit. Be honest and think about it as this is what the debate is over.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 12, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Soooooo Right! Its a conspiracy.

Posted by Not Sooo
a resident of Amador Estates
on Oct 13, 2013 at 2:12 am

It just tells me you don't understand what technically a debt ceiling is

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Oct 13, 2013 at 9:13 am

well well well, i'm not the least bit surprised...what to do?

i've heard a rumor that he's related to Saul Alinski. Yes?

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 17, 2013 at 5:44 am

I don't care where he was born. I'm just really impressed by how Patriot Ted Cruz spear-headed the effort to shutter goverment based on principal. As a patriotic taxpayer, I'd much rather pay $300 million a day in shutdown expenses than see ObaMAOcare spread its tenacles into my house-hold. When will you liberal loons wake up. First they came and took away our guns, then they established death panels, and now they're going to make insurance companies insure us. Ted Cruz cares and will fight tooth and nail to prevent these things, even if it means sacrificing the country for one's career - I mean principle.

Posted by birthed
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:51 am

Wheres his birth certificate? Had enough tea thank you.

Posted by Daveg
on Oct 17, 2013 at 9:06 am

Daveg is a registered user.

So what is a "natural born" citizen? The Constitution doesn't specifically say.

Scholars have researched and polled several legal experts. The consensus was that someone is a "natural born" citizen if they have citizenship at birth and don't have to go through a naturalization process to become a citizen.

If that's the definition, then Cruz is a natural born citizen by being born to an American mother and having her citizenship at birth.

Posted by Mario
on Oct 17, 2013 at 8:38 pm

And the hypocrite liberal racists begin to show their faces, unable to contain their hatred of people of color. They prefer that brown people to in a position where they can be exploited for cheap labor, working in their yards, cooking their food, or cleaning their homes.

Posted by American
on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm

First, to Sooooo dumboooo, Romney's FATHER was born in Mexico, candidate Mitt was not...don't create false statements.
Cruz is not ready for prime time. My country is more important to me than his fundraising theatre. HE does NOT understand POLITICS, which is different than government, and should be left to political strategists. I do not like that he (& tea party) are harming my party. Sooooo sad.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Cruz is a US citizen: "Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock
A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be genetically related to the child to transmit U.S. citizenship." Web Link

Cruz's mother was born and raised in Wilmington, Delaware. Qualifications to be president take more than citizenship.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Your so right Kathleen. And I bet Ted Cruz has a REAL birth certificate unlike someone else we're thinking about, right? In T.E.A. solidarity, Bill

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

I'm sure Cruz does. Seems to me the President does too. You'll have to find someone else to have solidarity with.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:06 pm

You don't have to be a card carrier to be one of us, Kathleen. Reading your frequent comments over the years, though you deny being one of us, we know that you belong to our fold. Hand in glove.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Not a chance in hades.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm

You KNOW Cruz has an official birth certificate.

But "It SEEMS to you" the president does too?

No, Kathleen, we know one of us when we see one. You're TP through and through. Just like Southern political activists during Jim Crow days were too embarrassed to admit their political shenanigans, so you seem too embarrassed to lift up your veil. But we share the code, and you know it. Today we're forced to live with discursive hoods, unlike yesteryear.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Wow, touchy, touchy. The President has a birth certificate from Hawaii. Feel better? Thing is, Obama was elected, twice, and that, it seems to me, is all that counts.

Disagreeing with you doesn't mean I'm a member of the far right. Can't seem to find the chart on how much more centric and purple the voting populace is becoming.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Touchy? No, but I care about words and how they are used. I read carefully and I'm careful about what I put into words. Try it some time.

People would always deny their Klan or Bircher credentials. So I can understand why you're so embarrassed about admitting your attachment to a Tea Party whose views are perfectly consistent with your own.

Weeeelllll, things are going poorly for the TPers on this site. Time for the editors to step in and close the site down.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Turns out, you don't get to tell me who I am. Name calling, false assertions, diversions from fact are all you have to offer. Sad really.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Oh, and the sheep's clothing you wear with your tongue in cheek support of anyone one step to the right of you. Truly cute.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Name calling, false assertions, diversions from fact oh no! oh no! Name calling, false assertions, diversions from fact oh no! oh no!

Come back with an argument, or else just slide back under where you came from.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

So, Ted Cruz is a citizen and so is Barak Obama. All done.

Posted by Tea Party Bill
on Oct 18, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Hope it was worth it for you, Kathleen. Now, shouldn't you be squirreled away somewhere composing more letters to the Governor?

Need help with the letter? (A blanket, undefended assertion does not an argument make.) The Koch Bros have been kind enough to provide us with a template, which we'll all be using. It begins with: Dear Governor Moonbeam, instead of a spacesuit you should try wearing a patriotic tri-cornered hat.... I can forward to you if you like, or have you already gotten yours?

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 18, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Interesting, you received the letter. Yet, I did not. My communication with the Governor was brief. One shouldn't spend too much time writing something that is destined to become a hash mark on a Pro/Con tally sheet.

Posted by norutas
a resident of California Reflections
on Oct 20, 2013 at 9:45 am

Ted Cruz for president? it may me throw up. If he thinks that with that name he is going to attract many latins or spanish speaking people he is grossly mistaken. I am a latin, I am surrounded by latins and everybody despise him.

Posted by Karl Bonner
a resident of another community
on Oct 24, 2013 at 12:18 am

Karl Bonner is a registered user.

It's fun to watch radical conservatives on these comment threads throw hissy fits about those evil redistributionist Marxist unionist welfare-sucking liberals. It's a microcosm of the national tantrum the right wing is throwing right now, since their supply-side Ayn Rand, anti-worker economic ideology has been rejected yet again as garbage. Keep up the good work folks - maybe you'll help the G.O.P. lose the state of Texas in the 2016 election.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

The valley loses a distinguished and humble leader