ValleyCare to host 4th annual breast cancer symposium Oct. 16

Original post made on Sep 26, 2013

ValleyCare Health System will host the 4th Annual Breast Cancer Symposium from 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at the Palm Event Center, 1184 Vineyard Ave., Pleasanton. The Symposium is free and open to the public. The event features the following speakers: Dr. Rakesh Patel, Director of the Targeted Radiation Institute at Valley Medical Oncology Consultants; Dr. Hope Rugo, Director of UCSF Breast Oncology Clinical Trials Program, and also a medical oncologist and hematologist; Dr. Rishi Sawhney, Medical Director of ValleyCare Cancer Program; Dr. Ruby Chang, Medical Director of ValleyCare Diagnostic Imaging and Co-Chair of ValleyCare Breast Program; Katheryn Darlington, a healing touch and guided imagery practitioner. Light refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be served and door prizes will be awarded. To register, call 800-719-9111, or register online at www.valleycare.com/educationseminars/

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, September 26, 2013, 7:42 AM

Posted by Julia, a resident of another community
on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:19 am

I hope everyone knows the medical industry does not want to cure breast cancer...it only wants to treat breast cancer as well as every cancer out there. The doctors, nurses and everyone connected to cancer treatments do not want to be put out of business.

Oh I know I will hear from a lot of people that will say I am crazy..But those that I hear from are the naive folks and the folkd that have their head struck in the sand.

Billions of dollars have been poured down that breast cancer research hole and NO CURE...and there never will be. THE INDUSTRY IS WAY TOO LARGE AND IT GENERATES TOO MUCH MONEY, MONEY, MONEY...you know the stuff that makes the world go around.

Thanks for listening, Julia Pardini from Alamo.

And yes I am very aware of Breast Cancer as well as other cancers.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:34 am

I disagree but thank you for sharing...anyways.

VIVA WOMEN! KEEP HOPE ALIVE! SOME DAY THERE WILL BE A CURE FOR BREAST CANCER! VIVA!

ps Males also struggle with breast cancer.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Sep 26, 2013 at 9:36 am

KEEPING HOPE ALIVE can sustain women/men with breast cancer as well as pts. with other life threatening illnesses.

Posted by Survivor, a resident of Mission Park
on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Julia, Are you a breast cancer survivor? I am. And, I'm alive today because every surgeon, oncologist, radiation technician, nurse and office staffer I came into contact with WANTED to cure me. While I respect your opinion of the medical industry, I pray you never have to find out how much they really do care and really do want to cure.

Posted by john, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Sep 26, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Sure, Julia, you're not crazy. It is the same with those people who put fluoride in the water system. They really aren't trying to prevent tooth decay. They're trying to pollute our precious bodily fluids as part of a scheme to make more money.

Oh wait, maybe I might be wrong about that. Hmm.

Posted by sandra, a resident of Kolb Ranch Estates
on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:10 am

I have two sisters that I have lost to cancer. One to breast cancer,over thirty years ago (she was only 36 years old with two small boys) and one sister in 2010 to esphocial and liver cancer, she was only 61 years old. I had breast cancer two years ago, I am 58 years old. The treatments I had were unbelievably weakening. Six months of chemo and 25 radiation and they still cannot say that I am totally cured. WHERE OH WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING? There should be a cure for every kind of cancer by now. Why don't they issue publicly where the money is going...what research facility gets how much, etc. If there is nothing to hide, then publish it for ALL the world to see, since everyone around the world is raising money all the time for cancer cures. That would be the most honest and ethical thing to do! IT IS VERY SAD TO THINK THAT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE STILL DYING FROM CANCER AND ALL THE BIG PHARMACEUTICALS CARE ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY FROM PEOPLE SUFFERING. IT TRULY IS SICK.

Posted by john, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:25 am

sandra,

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering. There is no conspiracy. People are doing their best. Many researchers got into the field in the first place because someone close to them had cancer. Many people's lives have been saved. A friend of mine has been totally clear of (detectable ) cancer now for 15 years, thanks to a bone marrow transplant. 40 years ago, he would almost certainly have died.

Posted by Julia, a resident of another community
on Sep 30, 2013 at 9:28 am

John, get off Sandra's back...She is right..NO CURE EVER ON TREATMENTS.

Remember there is NO money in curing cancer..There is only money in treating cancer..

You people are being led down that path to fantasy land.

Go ahead and believe what you want...The medical industry loves you brain dead attitude.

Thanks for listening, Julia Pardini from Alamo

PS...And John don't even try an get on my back. I have more knowledge in baby finger about the medical industry than you have in your entire body.

And to my dear friend Cholo...take a vacation.

Posted by john, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Sep 30, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Julia,

I have no idea what medical knowledge or training you have, and you have no idea what medical knowledge or training I have.

Do you really believe that all health workers (doctors, researchers, nurses ...) work to avoid cures to cancer and, by extension, all diseases? If you really believe that, and don't know where you got that idea, but it is wrong. Some very talented and smart people, who could make a lot more money in other careers, instead devote their lives to finding cures and treatments for all kinds of diseases.

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on Oct 4, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I've hear a rumor on the freeway that Missy Julia almost knows how to bake a pie...tee hee...

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.