Second-grade teacher recalls 35 years in the classroom

Original post made on Aug 18, 2014

Among the 33 staff members who retired from the Pleasanton school district at the end of the school year is Carol Wolfe, who's retiring after three decades as a teacher.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, June 28, 2013, 12:00 AM

Posted by Joyce McCord
a resident of Valley View Elementary School
on Aug 18, 2014 at 3:00 pm

For some reason today Mr. Zack (Lee Zacharides) popped into my head and I had to google him to try and find out if he was still teaching. I have had a lot of teachers over my 44 years who have made an impact on my life but the one teacher who always stood out above the rest was Mr. Zack. I can only wish that two of my kids still left in school would have an opportunity to work with a teacher even half as amazing as he was. He made such a difference in not only my life but I"m sure many other's as well. Mr. Zack enjoy your retirement and know that you made a difference in a lot of lives and there has not yet been a teacher I've had or run across that had impacted me as much as you did in my 6th grade class at Pleaseanton junior high. You were simply one of the best teachers out there.
Joyce McCord(Platts)

Posted by Forgetting some teachers...
a resident of Foothill High School
on Aug 18, 2014 at 4:45 pm

What about Madame Jacqueline Smith? Wasn't she "asked" to retire this year? I heard she was going to start a llama farm...

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 19, 2014 at 11:58 am

GRACIAS teachers! WELL DONE. VIVA TEACHERS! VIVA!

Posted by I spotted him!!
a resident of Livermore
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:57 pm

[Removed because it was irrelevant}

Posted by mooseturd
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Aug 20, 2014 at 9:18 am

mooseturd is a registered user.

Everyone!!! Take the time to sent a letter to the teacher who most impacted your life. It will be good for both you and the teacher. If you're retired do it today. Your teacher won't have many days left.

Posted by Gram-ME
on Aug 20, 2014 at 9:29 am

Gram-ME is a registered user.

RE: List of those retiring/leaving PUSD, very well-liked Mr. Hansen left Amador in 2013; a big loss to students. Our family attended his last grad ceremony. Maybe he was on extended and/or accrued vacation, etc. but he's been gone from school over a year. Wondering how up-to-date is this list?

Posted by helenayers
a resident of Jensen Tract
on Aug 20, 2014 at 10:55 am

helenayers is a registered user.

Yes, the article was from June 2013...

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Martin Litton, force of nature. An appreciation.
By Tom Cushing | 2 comments | 1,075 views

What to do with your buckets of water

The Golden Days of Television

How Many Colleges Should I Apply To?
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 403 views