Rount Table Main Steet Closed??

Original post made by Mary, Vintage Hills Elementary School, on Jun 12, 2013

I just heard that Round Table on Main has closed - does anyone know why? Very sad that we lose yet another great place for friends, family, and kids to hang out, not to mention the great pizza...

Posted by thin crust
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jun 12, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Check their (Round Table Main) Facebook page for information - you can also read a bit on the *other* Pleasanton online site, p a t c h. Although neither place really explains why they closed. It appears that most employees moved to the East Livermore restaurant. It's sad that they closed - many of us remember going for pizza there after kid's soccer games.

Posted by New Resident
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 am

My vote is for a Lil Cesar or Papa Johns., something an apartment dweller could afford.

Posted by Just In
on Jun 13, 2013 at 7:44 am

I think it should be bank like it was before.

Posted by Anthony
a resident of Country Fair
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:27 am

Too big for a new hair/nail/(Word removed by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff) salon. No vault, so probably no bank. It is pre-plumbed and equipped for a commercial kitchen so yes, another Italian restaurant could possibly open.

Personally I'd love to see an old style family friendly burger & soda fountain (or heck Johnny Rockets even) open up.

But we'll probably get the cities largest day spa.

Posted by wondering
a resident of Foothill Place
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:32 am

BTW: It does have a vault.

I am voting for a old fashion soda fountain and healthy food lunch place!

Posted by Beverly
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:42 am

WOW !!!!! that was quick, just ordered a pizza from them last week...it was good for a quick what do i want for dinner...but we do have Gay Ninties....still number one in my book, but they do not deliver...hint hint hint !!!!!

my other recommendation is New York Pizza, good for a fill in..and it is on main street and they deliver..

Posted by Dutch
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:56 am

Round Table is horrible. The place always screws up orders and over charges. Really, 22 bucks for a medium pepperoni? I don't think so. So I am glad they went out of business on Main Street. I stopped supporting them a long time ago and took my pizza business to Main Street Cafe and Gay 90's. Much better than gross tasting Round Table. I just wish all Round Table Pizza's would close for good.

Posted by Pleasanton resident
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:57 am

No more banks, please!!! That is not what brings people to our lovely town!

Posted by Jandi427
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jun 13, 2013 at 9:28 am

If downtown revitalization is something that Pleasanton is really serious about then they need to level the building and put in a large Brick faced parking structure ( like Livermore or Old Town Folsom) Lot's of free parking means a lot more people will come downtown for dinner and shopping etc. If you make the exterior of the structure blend in with the downtown look it would be a great addition!

Posted by Ellen
a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:36 am

Yes, RoundTable Pizza closed Downtown
RoundTable on Hopyard ---behind Eddie Pappas -next to Huntington Learning Center is open and delivering...

Posted by Burrito Lover
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:40 am

Great place for a Chipotle. One is really needed in P-Town. Tired of driving to Dublin or San Ramon. (Comment deemed inappropriate by Pleasanton Weekly Online staff)

Posted by Claudette
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:48 am

I like the idea of a parking structure, but I'd go a step further and make it a Two Story building with Parking on Top and Retail on the Bottom.

**We need more retail to bring people in to actually shop, along with more parking.

What we don't need is more Service or Banking or Food businesses. But, it's not really our choice is it ~ If we want to bring our downtown alive we need what will draw people and keep that business alive, so again I think it's more Parking and Retail.

Always sorry to see another business leave us and an open blank spot dotting our Lovely Downtown :(

Posted by anon
on Jun 13, 2013 at 11:05 am

How about NO CHAIN RESTAURANTS. How about something like the First St. Ale House in Livermore. Decent food, decently priced with good drinks. Enough of a family atmosphere so people can bring the kids. A nice place to visit with friends and shoot the breeze before walking around downtown. Or a true old fashioned style soda fountain shop (Val's in Hayward or Fenton's comes to mind).

Posted by RTsucked
on Jun 13, 2013 at 11:23 am

Good riddance. My guess is that the horribly prepared food, continued screwups on orders, and high prices finally caught up to them. They were good up until about 2 years ago and then things went in the toilet. I'm surprised they didn't close sooner. Now all we can hope for is another Italian restaurant in its place so we have 20 to choose from...

Posted by Diane
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jun 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm

so many better choices... something like Double Barrel or First street Alehouse in livermore...a different style of restaurant ( not Italian ) ...Cuban food possibly...but seeing how stoggy our downtown has become compared to Livermore ...it'll probably be something we don't need like another bank

Posted by Kim
a resident of Bonde Ranch
on Jun 13, 2013 at 1:54 pm

That place was horrible. The manager was retched. Given the upstairs and other large meeting rooms, it's likely going to need to be another sort of family style eatery. I'd love to see an old fashioned soda fountain, but I'm not sure it could support the huge rents on that building. Just please no more banks or spas. PLEASE.

Posted by Denise
a resident of Valley Trails
on Jun 13, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Oh Lord know more banks or spas!!! Livermore has got is right! Wake up City of Pleasanton! No more Italian restaurants either!!

Posted by Jack
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:26 pm

We get to vote? That's awesome!

Posted by Movie Theater
on Jun 14, 2013 at 8:32 am

It has a parking lot - how about tear it down and build a movie theater?

Posted by good riddance
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Jun 14, 2013 at 8:33 am

So long over-priced gross pizza! I vote for an old-fashioned soda fountain with a variety of tradtional and healthy food options! And someplace that welcomes the high schoolers. Around here, they have plenty to spend and are, for the most part, really good kids with no place to go. That's why we are always transporting them to Livermore or Dublin movie theaters. WAKE UP Downtown Pleasanton or just die a slow death.

Posted by jaycee
on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:03 am

Love the idea of something like Livermore's Alehouse - or definitely a Fenton's would be fun too! Or on the other end of the spectrum, maybe a Sur La Table - not sure if the space is big enough but whatever ends up there needs to draw in the people of Pleasanton! :)

Posted by Bruce
a resident of Pleasanton Heights
on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:57 am

I heard a rumor that Primo's is going to take over the space.

Posted by Pizza by the slice
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

Pizza My Heart !

Posted by Barbara Roby
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:29 am

As much as I hate to see another business go out of business, I found the service there to be less than desirable and too many errors made on simple orders. Whats even worse is that the Livermore location isnt any better. Order pizza at 6p on a thursday night and at 8:15p it still hadn't been delivered. Called and it took 3 people to find the order, when delivered offered it for free but I had to call 3 days later and again talk to 2 people to get the charge removed. A week later I had to call again. This gal got it done. Dont see how that location can absorb the pleasanton employees except add more bad to worse.

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:30 am

San Francisco has a 'Financial District'! Let's put a couple more banks downtown and change the name from 'Downtown' to 'Financial District'. Then, we'll be a big time city!!

unclehomerr..

Posted by anon
on Jun 14, 2013 at 12:22 pm

anon is a registered user.

OR a good true Mongolian BBQ

Posted by Burrito Lover
on Jun 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Papa Murphy's probably put the world of hurt on them as well. Pizza costs a lot less that Round Table, tastes better, and you control when it's on the table. Result: steady flow of customers.

Posted by burger & beer lover
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 15, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Yes, something like First Street Ale house. Or The Hopyard. We need a good casual place downtown that draws people not just for dinner but lunch.

Posted by Map
a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 15, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Forget the parking garage, that's only for people too lazy to walk a block or two, been going downtown for a long time now have never had trouble finding good parking!! I vote for a good burger place like norms in Danville or a Cuban restaurant like Havanas in walnut creek. Probably be another bank or maybe a mini Walmart like the old nob hill store, or what about another hair salon - nail salon - massage parlor already have all these on every corner now wouldn't hurt to have just one more!!!

Posted by Dave
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Aug 20, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I understand a Papa Johns is going in. My favorite.

Posted by I will miss RT
on Aug 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I will miss Round Table. They were great to support local sports teams and more.

However, I just don't eat doughnuts or pizza anymore. Too unhealthy, and I gotta keep the waist line down to keep my wife happy.

Posted by Love Chipolte
on Aug 22, 2013 at 12:08 am

What kind of snob doesn't eat healthy chipotle? Every visitor would quickly get in line. Just not another stinky brewery or ale house. Bad enough P hotel has been ruined.
Root beer floats probably wouldn't pay downtown rent, but I sure hope that's in the works for new Stanley project. Bicycle there too.

Posted by Rob
a resident of another community
on Oct 26, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Man, that sucks. I haven't been there in two years but, I grew up on Bernal Ave, and I went there all the time. That place has been open for as long as I've been alive. And now it's gone.