Great Greek Food!

Original post made by Anne, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 12, 2009

Have you tried "JUST GREEK" restaurant yet? It is located in strip mall across from Rosewood Pavilion at Santa Rita and Rosewood, behind TGIFridays. It's fast and fresh and really authentic!! They make the best gyros I've ever tasted! Delicious Greek salads, and Platters, too! Please support this excellent restaurant, so we don't lose another great "homestyle" restaurant in town. They have great prices, as well!

Posted by YES!
on Mar 12, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Love it! Another great place is across the street. The burger joint. GREAT breakfast for a great price. Thanks for sharing the info.

Posted by Greek lady
a resident of another community
on Mar 12, 2009 at 2:56 pm

Been there......so, so.
For a great Greek meal try the place in Springtown, Livermore off Vasco Rd and across the parking lot in the P&W shopping center.
EXCELLENT!

Posted by another greek lady
on Mar 12, 2009 at 2:58 pm

My neighbors tell me it is fantatic! I continue to hear kudo's about it, but will go give it a good once over by myself! :) Love good Greek food.

Posted by Julie
on Mar 12, 2009 at 4:44 pm

I just tried this restaurant and their pita bread was delicious and warm. Love it!

Posted by Scott Walsh
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Mar 13, 2009 at 8:50 am

I am really glad to see people start to go to other establishments outside "Downtown". "Downtown" seems to get everyone's special attention and raves but I have found so many more places outside "Downtown" to be great. Chicago Dogs, next to Lucky's has great food, Kinder's in the Chili's shopping center is excellent and the Indian food place down a few doors east of Trader Joe's has great food, although the decorum is plain. I am sure there are others. I don't think the Chamber does enough to highlight other businesses outside "Downtown". "Downtown" restaurants are boring, some too expensive for what you get. I rarely go anymore. Not their fault, just my tastes. $10 million plus for a Firehouse Theater...nothing much for the kids running around town and wonder what $10 million could have done to bring new business to town or help the schools or a teen center....no need to explain "different buckets of money", etc., etc. just rambling

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Mar 13, 2009 at 11:57 am

There is a Pleasanton Downtown Association promoting 'Downtown', and a Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce promoting 'Mixers'.

Guess which one's winning.

unclehomerr..

Posted by David p
on Mar 15, 2009 at 6:11 pm

truly delightful place. Nothing fancy just honest and prices right. Thumbs up to this great Greek restUrant!!!

Posted by PW Reader
on Apr 18, 2009 at 1:00 am

Please note that the restaurant name is SIMPLY GREEK (not Just Greek).

My hubby and I love their gyros. The garlic tzaztiki will happily stay with you the rest of the day, so be forewarned!