Spring Rain Korean BBQ excellent

Original post made by Shelley on Apr 13, 2008

I recommend those who are interested in trying Korean food to check out Spring Rain, in the shopping plaza on Main and Del Valle Pkwy near Giminelli's. This restaurant serves delicious food and has great service. Try out some light, crisp Korean lager too!

Posted by Gatetree Resident, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Apr 14, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Is that the restaurant that is now in the old Pizza Hut location?

Posted by mac, a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Apr 16, 2008 at 8:38 am

Terrific! Thanks for the recommendation. Hubby and I were just talking about where to find a local Korean restaurant.

Posted by Shelley, a resident of Downtown
on Apr 16, 2008 at 5:04 pm

Yes, it's in the old Pizza Hut location.

Posted by Gatetree Resident, a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Apr 18, 2008 at 7:15 am

Might just need to try it Shelley! Thanks for the tip!

Posted by Cholo, a resident of Livermore
on May 7, 2008 at 7:00 pm

The best item on the menu is the Armadillo tamal....yum yum...

Posted by Drexl, a resident of Ironwood
on May 15, 2008 at 11:35 pm

What did you have? I just had Korean today by the Casa Orozco in Dublin; a bit dissapointed, it was the hot pot with beef that you add sauce and mix up with the egg and all; my buddy had the beef box; no sauce, beef was "dry" "old" reheated, almost boiled meat then reheated on pan. I had spare ribs at the korean at ulfert center; that was not bad; but man, for the price that they charge, I really expect better quality. I will give korean food one more try; might even go to your place, I see it all the time, but man, if they dissapoint, I don't think Korean is for me. I am getting a bit bummed that there are less and less great tasting restaurants in town; seems all we are getting is pasta; even C&D changed owners...oh well...enough from me... so far, only places i seem to like around non italian are little home, oasis (the place that replaced burts, not sure on the name, jury still out; went twice, not bad, but I like oasis better); tabla for indian (this is a surprise for me; with all the indian population growing in pleasanton; and oracle in town; expected a great place like Shalimar style in Fremon/Sf)... well gotta go...

Posted by love Korean BBQ Not Spring Rain, a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 28, 2008 at 7:03 am

Very disappointed in Spring Rain. Went for dinner with family waited 20 minutes for someone to come to our table. After 2 other tables were taken care of even though they arrived after us we left.

Won't go back, too many other places to try

Posted by SCAL Resident, a resident of another community
on Dec 21, 2008 at 6:17 pm

I go there at least once a week and the food is fantastic. Service is excellent and very friendly. Their BBQ beef (ribs or bulgogi) and the Galbi Tang is a must try.

I live in Southern California, which is the mecca for Korean Food in the US, and Spring Rain is as good as any of the restaurants in LA or Garden Grove.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.