A truck containing construction equipment valued at nearly $30,000 was stolen between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 11 and 5:30 a.m. Sept. 12 at the Extended Stay in the 4500 block of Chabot Drive. Among the numerous items stolen were a $9,000 welder, a $5,000 jack system -- both bolted to the bed of the stolen truck -- along with thousands of dollars of miscellaneous tools.
In other police reports:
* Police have identified a suspect in a case involving a man who passed checks totaling more than $35,000 from an account with insufficient funds, reported at about 11:42 a.m. Sept. 13 at Cardinal Jewelers in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road.
* More than $7,000 was taken from a prepaid medical account in 27 withdrawals ranging from small amounts to $500 in a felony fraud reported at about 7:57 p.m. on Sept. 16. A resident of the 1600 block of W. Lagoon Road reported that direct deposit money goes into his prepaid medical account which issued a credit card to pay for prescriptions.
* Susan Marie Hassenzahl, 50, of Modesto, was arrested at Wells Fargo inside Safeway in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road on felony counts of passing a forged check and forging a drivers license. Hassenzahl was taken into custody at about 5:08 p.m. Sept. 11 after attempting to cash a check for $2,500. She was arrested after a suspicious teller alerted the bank manager, who contacted the checking account holder in Tracy to see if the check was legitimate.
* Police are investigating a report from Bank of America in the 6000 block of Stoneridge Drive in which a male attempted to pass a fraudulent check for $2,247. There is a suspect in the fraud, reported at about 4:18 p.m. Sept. 16.
* Hailey Sarah Bloom, 18, of Roseville, was arrested for prostitution at about 9:06 p.m. Sept. 13 at Motel 6 after police saw an ad on a website offering sexual services.
* Steven William Jira, 31, of Pleasanton was arrested on a felony warrant at about 3:35 p.m. Sept. 12 at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Meadowwood Court. He was taken into custody on a no bail warrant for elder abuse.
* John Joseph Becker Jr., 25, of Hayward was arrested on a felony warrant after a call from a security guard for Kaiser Permenante on Owens Drive about auto burglaries in progress. Police caught Becker at the intersection of Trieste Street and Georgis Place at about 10:30 a.m. Sept. 16. The auto burglary case has been presented to the District Attorney's Office for possible charges.
* A resident of the 6800 block of Massey Court reported being scammed out of $1,500 after receiving a call in which she was told she'd won $100,000 that was mistakenly sent to Mexico because she'd been assumed dead. The report was filed at about 11:15 a.m. Sept. 12
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.