A Pleasanton man was arrested on a variety of felonies and misdemeanors after a July 9 search of his home in the 2600 block of Becard Court, according to police reports.
Steven Michael Sharp, 29, was on probation, so police didn't need a warrant to conduct a search. Sharp was arrested for obtaining a controlled substance by fraud, possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine and a probation violation, all felonies, as well as misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia possession.
In other police reports:
* Anamarie Magno Anderson, 43, of Walnut Creek was arrested at about 2:51 p.m. July 2 for felony forgery for attempting to cash a false check for $10,254.78 at Wells Fargo Bank in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road. Anderson was also wanted on a misdemeanor warrant out of Berkeley.
* Christian San Chhon, 20, of San Ramon; Trevor Duane Copeland, 21, of Pleasanton; and Spencer Jeffery Bohn, 19, of Pleasanton were arrested at about 11:50 p.m. July 4 in the 4400 block of Rosewood Drive for possession of stolen property, a felony, and misdemeanor petty theft. Bohn was also arrested for public drunkenness. The three ran after they were seen by an officer near a vehicle in the parking lot of Walmart. After they were caught, police found they had a stolen debit card, iPhone, identification card and house keys.
* A variety of items worth more than $18,000 were stolen in an Independence Day commercial burglary at Best Deal Equipment in the 3900 block of Valley Avenue. The theft took place between 4 p.m. and 10:44 p.m. July 4; a $10,000 Canon camera and lenses were stolen, along with six laptop computers worth a total of $3,600; 25 car stereos worth a total of $2,500; a $1,000 Indian knife; three video game consoles worth a total of $600; car speakers worth $480; and a $200 video game console. Entry was through the rear door.
* A dental office and a dental X-ray firm in the 1400 block of Cedarwood Lane were burglarized over the long Independence Day weekend.
In one, camera equipment worth more than $2,500 was stolen from C-Dental X-ray in the 1400 block of Cedarwood Lane. A $1,500 Nikon camera, a $1,00 lighting system, and $25 charger were taken in the burglary, which occurred between 5 p.m. July 3 and 8:40 a.m. July 8. A front door was smashed to gain entry.
In the second, which took place between 5 p.m. July 3 and 11:30 a.m. July 7, a laptop of unknown value was stolen from a dental office; again, a door frame was shattered to provide entry.
* Two people were arrested for felonies on July 5 at Stoneridge Shopping Center.
Hahn Hong Le, 45, of Houston, Texas, was arrested at about 5:22 p.m. at Macy Women's for felony grand theft for taking $1,324.98 in shoes, sweaters, dresses and tops.
Julian Lugo, 23, of Hayward was arrested at about 4:58 p.m. for a petty theft in a $297 shoplifting from J.C. Penney that turned into a felony when it was discovered he had multiple prior misdemeanor petty theft convictions.
* Camera equipment was among the items stolen from two cars parked at Stoneridge Shopping Center on July 5. A $500 Sony camera was stolen from one, along with eight baseball hats, a backpack and a phone charger worth a total of $200. A $900 Canon camera was stolen from the other, along with a $50 backpack. The thefts took place between 3 p.m. and 4:12 p.m.
* A resident of the 2200 block of Camino Brazos reported that someone used her credit card number to make charges at 11 locations. A total of $1,191.30 was reported stolen in the thefts, reported at 9:37 a.m. July 2.
* A pry bar was used to gain entry in a residential burglary at a home in the 6500 block of Inglewood Drive between 8:25 a.m. and 6 p.m. July 9. Taken was an $800 laptop computer valued at $800, an iPad worth $700, a $200 tablet computer, and chargers worth a total of $200. Entry was through a rear window.
* A $400 iPad, $350 in miscellaneous coins, a $50 computer monitor and a pillowcase were reported stolen in a residential burglary between 6:20 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. July 9 in the 4000 block of Payne Road. A side garage door and the door from the garage into the home had been left unlocked.
* A drill and a saw worth a total of $507 were stolen from Home Depot in the 6000 block of Johnson Drive in a shoplifting reported at about 9:51 a.m. July 5.
* Charles Sjouwke, 28, of Pleasanton was arrested on a felony warrant out of Modesto for assault with a deadly weapon after a traffic stop at about 1:15 a.m. July 9 in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road.
* Ward Allan Keck II, 26, a transient, was arrested at about 5:15 p.m. July 3 in the 5800 block of Owens Drive for possession of stolen property after being caught with a $75 bicycle that wasn't his.
* A resident of the 4000 block of Stanley Boulevard told police at about 3:14 p.m. July 5 that someone used his Social Security number for employment in Tennessee.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.