Three men from outside the area were arrested for weapons possession in two separate incidents in recent days.
In one, James Michael Nieves, 30, of San Jose was originally the subject of a medical call. He was being worked on by lifeguards at Shadow Cliffs Regional Recreation Area but ran off when police arrived, jumping into his car and starting a chase that ended in Livermore, according to police reports.
Police attempted to stop Nieves because he was driving erratically. When he was finally stopped in the 100 block of El Caminito, Livermore, Nieves was arrested for reckless driving, attempting to evade a police officer, and paraphernalia possession, all misdemeanors, and possession of nunchaku, a weapon, which is a felony.
In the second incident, two San Leandro men were arrested for carrying concealed weapons, although one of the two was also arrested for carrying a blackjack, which is typically a leather-covered club with a flexible handle.
Gil Norberto Boim, 41, was arrested for possession of a blackjack, a felony, and carrying a concealed firearm, a misdemeanor. Robert Frederick Larson, 48, also of San Leandro was arrested for carrying a concealed firearm. Larson was on probation, leading to the search of the pair, who were pulled over after police spotted a missing front license plate and a brake light out on the vehicle the two were in.
In other police reports:
* Gerald Blake Johnson, 19, of Livermore was arrested at about 11:11 p.m. June 26 in the 5800 block block of Laurel Creek Drive for possession of marijuana for sale, a felony. Johnson was arrested with 120 grams after police questioned him for being parked at Laurel Creek Park after dark, which is when the park closes.
* Four iPads worth a total of $2,200 were stolen from Kaki Sushi in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road overnight on July 1, along with $165 in cash and $35 in change. Entry was made by kicking through a common wall between the business and the business next door, VIP Cleaners, which was also burglarized, with nothing stolen.
* A $1,000 set of golf clubs and a $20 wallet were taken from an unlocked home in the 4800 block of Arlene Place between 9 p.m. June 30 and 1:30 a.m. July 1.
* An unlocked garage door at a home in the 3800 block of Stonecliff Vista Way was the point of entry in a June 28 burglary that netted a $1,000, 60-inch TV. Nothing else was reported stolen.
* A $798 laptop, two air purifiers, one worth $173.94 and another worth $149, and an $80 gaming keyboard were stolen in a shoplifting at Walmart between 4:11 and 4:24 p.m. No arrest was made, but police have video surveillance from the store.
* A Springfield .40-caliber handgun valued at $675 and a $200 camera were stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 7500 block of Driftwood Way between 2 p.m. June 23 and 1:30 a.m. July 1.
* Mailboxes at a number of homes were damaged in an early morning vandalism overnight on June 28. Five homes in the 5800 block of Sterling Greens Circle reported their mailboxes had been targeted.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.