The Pleasanton Downtown Association's popular Concert in the Park series will take place every Friday night from June 7 through Aug. 30, featuring an eclectic mix of music from rock, blues and big band to '50s and '60s oldies, soul and Latin rock. The free concerts run from 7-8:30 p.m. at Lions Wayside Park, on the corner of First and Neal streets.
The line-up is as follows:
* June 7 -- OTR, Classic Rock
* June 14 -- The CoolTones Big Band, Swing/Big Band
* June 21 -- Ruckatan Latin Tribe, Latin Rock
* June 28 -- The Crisis, Eclectic Rock
* July 5 -- James Nagel Band, Rock & Soul
* July 12 -- The Bacchus Brothers, Folk Rock
* July 19 -- West Grand Boulevard, Classic Soul
* July 26 -- Pladdohg, Celtic Rock
* Aug. 2 -- Finding Stella, Modern/Alt Rock
* Aug. 9 -- Burton & Co., Jazzy Rhythm and Blues
* Aug. 16 -- Synaptic Gap, Modern Rock Hits
* Aug. 23 -- Magic Moments, Hits of the '50s and '60s
* Aug. 30 -- Public Eye, High Energy Rock & Roll
Concert-goers can put out blankets and chairs -- at their own risk -- in Lions Wayside and Delucchi parks, but are asked to wait until the morning of the concert to do so. The use of rocks to hold down blankets is prohibited, as large rocks can damage lawn-mowing equipment. Also, the use of plastic tarps is not allowed, since they can burn the grass.
Safeway is the presenting sponsor for the 2013 Concert in the Park season, the Pleasanton Weekly is the media sponsor, plus each concert is sponsored by a different local business.