More than $40,000 in credit card fraud was reported at 2:12 p.m. April 2 from a resident of the 5800 block of Corte Brazos.
The homeowner knew that a credit card using his personal information had been opened in 2008; he attempted to resolve the matter himself before reporting the ongoing thefts. In all, $40,500 was stolen.
In other police reports:
* Police are investigating a March 30 arson, reported at 3:05 a.m. in the 700 block of Pietronave Lane. A car that had been stolen in San Jose was set on fire.
* Two separate felony cases of embezzlement were reported March 29. One, reported at about 2:09 p.m. in the 2600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road, involved identity theft. The other, reported at about 2:26 p.m. in the 1200 block of Quarry Lane, involved the writing of fraudulent checks. Additional details were not available.
* An overnight break at RePlanet Recycling in the 6100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard netted nearly $2,000 in cash and change from the business. The burglary took place between 6 p.m. March 26 and 9:10 a.m. March 27. Entry was through the front door.
* A March 29 break-in at Public Storage in the 3700 block of Stanley Boulevard netted a television valued at $1,700, a second TV worth $350, and a $200 stroller. It's unknown how entry was made in the burglary, reported at 9:32 a.m.
* Kathy K. Suh, 57, of San Ramon was arrested at about 3:18 p.m. April 2 in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road for grand theft for taking clothing worth more than $2,125 from Macy's Women's; she was taken into custody after being spotted by store security.
* Roman Ralph Araya, 25, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 3:42 p.m. March 30 in the 1500 block of East Gate Way for felony possession of a handmade billy club.
* David P. Johnston, 37, of Livermore, was arrested at around 8:06 p.m. March 30 in the 900 block of Montevino Drive for felony possession of methamphetamines and paraphernalia possession. Johnstone was also arrested on a felony warrant from the Alameda County Sheriff's office.
* Edward Michael Rodriguez, 42, of Hayward was arrested at about 1 a.m. April 1 in the 4200 block of Valley Avenue on a felony warrant from Pleasanton for attempting to evade a police officer.
* Destiny Lajwell Foster, 21, of Vallejo was arrested at about 4:07 p.m. March 27 in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road for felony shoplifting in the theft of clothing worth $162 from Macy's Men's.
* A resident of the 1900 block of Via di Salerno reported an unauthorized credit card charge of $655 in an incident reported at 5:57 p.m. March 28.
* A bicycle and tools worth a total of $525 were reported stolen at about 8:06 p.m. March 27 from a shared garage in the 1500 block of East Gate Way.
* No entry was made, but a pry tool was used in a March 27 burglary attempt at a home in the 7800 block of Fairoaks Drive. Damage to the door was $500 in the break-in attempt, reported at 7:06 a.m. March 28.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.