Jewelry and electronics worth more than $36,000 was stolen from a home in the 6200 block of Paseo Santa Cruz between 8:15 and 9:45 a.m. March 20, according to police reports. Among the items stolen were a diamond woman's watch worth $15,000, a $10,000 diamond tennis bracelet, and a $1,500 diamond ring, along with two laptops and a decktop computer, valued at $1,500 apiece, reports said.
Whoever broke in appears to have searched the entire home, including stealing items from drawers in the master bedroom, a spare bedroom closet and night stand, the family room, a hallway closet and an office. Entry was made by prying open a sliding glass door.
In other police reports:
* The Alameda County District Attorney's Office will seek to file charges against a man who brandished a knife at Wal-Mart store security in a March 21 incident. The man was caught shoplifting and threatened a security officer with a knife when an attempt was made to apprehend him. The man's name has been withheld because there are currently no charges against him.
* Four people reported being victims of identity theft in recent days. In the first, reported at 5:07 p.m. March 21, an employee of Zen Pilates and Fitness in the 3000 block of Hopyard Road told police that his ATM card had been accessed for three charges, one for $54.95, one for $332.49 and one for $150. The man's bank contacted him before the charges were processed.
At about 12:27 p.m. March 22, a resident of the 5100 block of Case Avenue reported someone used her credit card number to charge just over $300 in Bogota, Colombia.
That same day, felony identity theft was reported by the resident of the 4400 block of Rennellwood Way, who told police someone used his company credit card to charge more than $1,070 at Sears.com.
At about 5:02 p.m. March 26, a woman living in the 5700 block of Stonecliff Vista Lane reported someone used her access card to charge $2,378 at the Apple Store online; after the charges were refuted, the card company issued a credit for the amount of the loss.
* Six pairs of sunglasses valued at $1,665 were stolen from Sunglass Hut at the Stoneridge Shopping Center at about 8:45 p.m. March 22.
* Roniqua Shantal Wartson, 21, of Sacramento was arrested at about 8:35 p.m. March 21 in the 5300 block of Owens Court on a felony warrant for possession of a non-narcotic controlled substance and a misdemeanor warrant on a prostitution-related charge, both from Sacramento. Wartson was arrested when police contacted a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot on Owens Court.
* Joseph Harry McBeth, 47, of Castro Valley was arrested at about 10:51 p.m. March 23 at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Rosewood Drive for possession of methamphetamines. McBeth was also wanted on a felony warrant for parole violation; he was stopped after being spotted as a suspicious person at a closed business area near the intersection of Old Santa Rita Road, near Andrews Drive.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.