The prowler report led police to set up a perimeter around the area. Police then received a call to an alarm from a nearby dental office in the 1400 block of Cedarwood Lane where they discovered the front door had been broken open.
They then discovered a plastic surgery office, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Center, in the 1300 block of Santa Rita Road also had had its door smashed.
Esser was detained while attempting to flee the perimeter. He was taken into custody at about 6:49 a.m.
In other police reports:
* Two arsons were reported in separate areas less than a day apart. In one, reported at about 3:34 p.m. March 1 near the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway, leaves had been set on fire not far from the Main Street bridge. The small fire was near the creek and was quickly extinguished.
In the second, reported at about 1:32 p.m. March 2, a Dumpster was set on fire at Vintage Hills Elementary School. That fire was contained inside the Dumpster. There's no estimate of damage, and no indication from police reports that the two arsons were linked.
* A rear door to High Tech Burrito was pried open in a burglary to the business in the 300 block of Main Street, reported at about 5:23 a.m. March 1. Both of the restaurant's cash registers had been pried open, with an undisclosed amount of money stolen. An attempt had been made to pry open the safe, but that was unsuccessful.
* A bedroom window was pried open between 7:30 a.m. Feb. 28 and 6:30 p.m. March 1, with electronics and jewelry stolen from a home in the 900 block of Rose Avenue. Items worth more than $4,400 were stolen, including a $1,000 flat screen TV, a $1,000 computer, an opal ring worth $500, and a $500 camera.
* Sixty brassieres worth $2,670 were stolen March 5 from Victoria's Secret in the Stoneridge Shopping Center between 9:45 a.m. and 2:40 p.m. A clerk noticed two drawers of bras missing from a display in the middle of the store; there were no witnesses to the theft.
* Robert Czosnyka, 26, of San Ramon was arrested at Stoneridge Shopping Center on March 3 for possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine possession, and marijuana possession. Czosnyka was also wanted on a misdemeanor warrant.
He was arrested after a suspicious person was reported in the parking structure at the lower level of the Sears parking garage.
* A MacBook Pro Silver valued at $1,800 was stolen along with an 800 iPad and miscellaneous other items worth about $500 from a home in the 700 block of E. Angela Street, reported at about 5:06 p.m. Feb. 26.
* A MacBook Pro Silver reportedly valued at $10,000 was reported stolen from Northern California Bible College in the 4400 block of Stoneridge Drive. There was no evidence of a break-in, reported at about 1:46 p.m. Feb. 26.
* A resident of the 1600 block of Ramblewood Way told police he was the victim of identity theft, when he received a call from a collection agency attempting to collect $1,200 for a Verizon account that been opened in Georgia. There was no report of any other loss.
* Chris Tran Gerard, 32, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 10:42 p.m. Feb. 27 in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue on a felony warrant for threats out of San Jose.
* Rodolfo Torres-Rodriguez, 24, of Tracy was arrested at about 11:42 p.m. Feb. 25 in the 1800 block of Valley Avenue on a felony warrant for a probation violation.
*A $280 bicycle was stolen through an unlocked garage door in a burglary from a home in the 600 block of Rowell Lane, reported at 9:32 a.m. Feb. 28.
* The front door was broken open, but nothing was reported stolen in a Feb. 28 break-in at a home in the 4300 block of Fairlands Drive, reported at about 4:33 p.m.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 657 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.