* Foothill High School Science Olympiad Club: David Bendebury, Foothill High School, $200 for materials and supplies for Science Olympiad Nationwide Competition
* AVHS Robotics Club: Kevin Chen, $270 to enter the college robotics competition
* AVHS Mock Trial Program: Chloe Connolly, Foothill High School, $200 to buy materials to help students improve public speaking skills and learning about civics, law and government
* AVHS Science for Youth: Beverly Fu, $270 to help promote interest, literacy, and joy in science
* Leadership Funds: Liz Veronica Guevara, Horizon High School, $250 to buy materials and supplies for student character education and recognition
* SIMS Club (Students Interested in Medical Sciences): Saba Hosseinzadeh, Amador Valley, $250 to buy materials and supplies for a college fair to showcase colleges with strong pre-medical and biological sciences programs
* HPMS Science Olympiad: George Huang, Harvest Park Middle School, $350 for lab equipment and team registration fees for club promoting the exploration and expansion of scientific knowledge
* Pleasanton Linguistics Tournament: Rick Huang, AVHS, $150 for materials for preparation for tournaments promoting linguistics and logic
* FHS Math Team (Mu Alpha Theta): Roland Huang, Foothill, $110 for competition fees
* FHS Writers Club Contest: Kelly McDeavitt, Foothill, $100, to support the clubs school-wide writing contest
* Foothill Buddies: Omar Sajjad, $500 for supplies for school-wide program that provides students the opportunity to build friendships with special-needs students.
The PPIE grant program is now in its 23rd year.
This story contains 256 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.