Officer J. Christiansen spotted a car parked near the intersection of Mountain View Drive and Canyon Meadows Circle, saw a pair of people walking away from a pickup truck parked nearby, and saw property from the truck on the ground. Approaching the car, Christiansen saw a door lock punch on the floor; a search also yielded drugs, paraphernalia, shaved car keys, rubber gloves and documents and checks in the names of other people.
The two were taken into custody at about 2:30 a.m.
In other police reports:
* Russ William Mendenhall, 34, of Livermore was arrested Jan. 1 in the 5500 block of San Juan Way for receiving stolen property, auto parts theft, petty theft and resisting arrest. A call to police about an auto burglary led to the arrest; Mendenhall was seen looking into a car and apparently inadvertently activated a car alarm.
* Andrea Tatianna Murray, 40, of San Francisco, was arrested on a felony warrant for theft after a call about a suspicious person at the Stoneridge Shopping Center at about 11:20 a.m. Dec. 31. Murray was also arrested for receiving stolen property, paraphernalia possession and giving false identification to a police officer.
* A lock box at Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton in the 5800 block of Owens drive was pried open, keys were stolen and two Mercedes, a 2001 C320 worth $35,000 and a 2000 Mercedes ML320 worth more than $4,000 were stolen -- the second time a lock box at the dealership was pried open in less than a year. The thefts took place between 9 p.m. Dec. 25 and 6:30 a.m. Dec. 26.
* A burglary at a home in the 400 block of Rose Avenue netted $10,000 in jewelry and a laptop computer. An unlocked bathroom window provided access to the home. The break-in took place between 5:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25.
* Felony warrants for drug violations led to the arrests of two men in separate Dec. 26 incidents. John Franklin Schoch, 40, a transient, was arrested at about 9:39 a.m. in the 6400 block of Owens Drive. Richard Christopher Cordova, 23, of Brentwood was arrested at about 7 p.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road.
* Collectibles and tools were among the items stolen in a Dec. 30 burglary in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive. Eight boxes of baseball cards valued at $500, a collection of comic books worth $200, and a $50 figure set were taken, along with tools worth a total of $800, a $200 bag of clothing and a guitar amplifier worth $200. The burglary took place between 10:30 and 11 a.m.; there was no sign of forced entry.
* A Dec. 27 burglary at a home in the 6000 block of Corte Montanas netted about $3,000 in miscellaneous items, mostly computer equipment. The theft took place between 12:27 and 4 p.m., with access through a garage door.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 533 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.