Jessica Maureeen Popeyus, 25, was arrested at about 6:40 p.m. in the theft of 16 tennis racquets valued at about $200 apiece and two tennis bags worth $100 apiece from Play It Again Sports in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue.
In other police reports:
* A Pleasanton man was arrested Feb. 4 on a charge of providing marijuana to a minor. Jonathan Mikus, 19, was arrested Feb. 4 -- his birthday -- at about 5:42 p.m. at the intersection of Old Vineyard and Yolanda Court.
* The cars of two Foothill students were broken into Feb. 4. Smashed windows led to the theft of a $300 purse and a $200 iPod, credit cards and a passport taken from one car between 4:15 and 4:20 p.m.; a $5 purse, a bible and an identification card were taken from the second car between 4:10 and 4:50 p.m.
* A $1,000 computer, a $200 digital camera, a $50 computer bag, $50 in clothing and a $50 wi-fi card were stolen between 6 p.m. Feb. 2 and 5:50 a.m. Feb. 3 from a vehicle in the 4200 block of Krause Court. The vehicle's door had been left unlocked.
* An $800 digital camera was stolen from a vehicle at ClubSport on Johnson Drive between 4:40 and 7 p.m. on Feb. 3; entry was gained through a window.
* A $5,000 bicycle and $400 in accessories were stolen in a Feb. 1 residential burglary in the 3100 block of West Las Positas Boulevard. Also taken was a computer valued at $150. The break-in was reported at about 9:30 p.m.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 273 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.