Six awards will be given at the event, which will start at 6 p.m. in the Firehouse Arts Center.
The awards are:
* Turman Commercial Painters, Business Philanthropy Award for businesses that have provided philanthropic service beyond the scope of normal business activity.
* Hop Yard American Alehouse & Grill, Excellence in Business Award for businesses that have made a positive impact in the Pleasanton community through their achievement within the scope of normal business activity.
* Pleasanton Military Families, Excellence in Service Award for nonprofit organizations that have contributed to Pleasanton.
* Greg Thome, Distinguished Individual Service Award for individuals who have contributed to Pleasanton through exceptional service to the community or philanthropic efforts.
* Sarah and Claire Williams, Distinguished Individual Youth Service Award for youths who have contributed to Pleasanton through exceptional service to the community or philanthropic efforts.
* Hacienda, Green Business Award for businesses that promote sustainable environmental practices throughout their organization for the benefit of employees, customers or the community.
This event is sponsored by Chevron and the University of San Francisco Pleasanton Campus.
The public is invited to attend the event, which will include a hosted bar and hors d'oeuvres as well as a silent auction followed by the awards presentation. Cost to attend is $45 per person and tickets are on sale now at www.pleasanton.org.
The Community Service Awards began in 1963 to recognize good people doing great things in the community, and since then hundreds of recipients have been honored.
For more information, contact Susie Weiss, manager for Communications & Special Events at the Pleasanton Chamber, at 846-5858, ext. 201 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.