A truck and tools valued at nearly $58,000 were stolen from a construction site for Stoneridge Creek in a commercial burglary reported at about 8:22 a.m. Jan. 28.
Among the lengthy list of items stolen were four sets of crimping tools valued at a total of $35,000. A chain on the front gate was cut to provide access for the thief or thieves.
In other police reports:
* An altercation involving two brothers and their girlfriends led to the felony arrest of one brother on Jan. 30. William Hunter Vick, 36, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 9:04 p.m. for assault with a deadly weapon and a probation violation in the 3800 block of Vineyard Avenue. The victim, his brother's girlfriend, told police he hit her on the head with a small metal safe.
* A threat report was filed by a resident of the 8100 block of Moller Ranch Road at about 8:28 p.m. Jan. 28. The victim reportedly received a text saying someone had been paid to kill her.
* A diamond wedding ring worth $12,000 was reported stolen from Roche Molecular in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive. The victim told police she removed the ring to wash her hands and left it in the kitchen area, according to a report filed at about 3:10 p.m. Jan. 28.
* Leanne Renee McCoy, 21, of Union City was arrested at about 5:05 p.m. Jan. 28 on a felony count of embezzlement for taking $3,946 from Nordstrom in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. McCoy was reportedly crediting refunds to her own account since November.
* Michael Patrick Stevens, 39, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 12:52 p.m. Jan. 28 in the 3500 block of E. Ruby Hill Drive on a felony warrant for embezzlement out of Utah.
* Heather Joy Hendrix 27, a transient, and Michael Wade Fox, 48, of Modesto were arrested on a variety of felony counts at about 10:20 p.m. Jan. 30 after a traffic stop near the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Willow Road.
Hendrix was arrested for felony counts of identity theft, receiving stolen property, possession of methamphetamine and a misdemeanor count of paraphernalia possession. Police found two checkbooks, social security numbers and dates of birth that didn't belong to Hendrix in her car.
Fox was arrested for felony methamphetamine possession and misdemeanor paraphernalia possession.
* A Feb. 2 auto burglary at Taco Bell in the 5500 block of Springdale Avenue netted a $1,000 gold-and-diamond wedding ring, along with a $700 laptop and a $20 gym bag. Entry was made by smashing a window.
* Byron Ovalle, 43, of Oakland was arrested at about 11:33 a.m. Feb. 1 on a felony count of shoplifting and a misdemeanor count of possession of burglary tools in an incident at Macy's in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Ovalle was caught by store security with wire cutters and clothing worth $359.
* A $189 cellphone was reported stolen from Jack in the Box at about 3:13 a.m. Feb. 1. The victim told police she plugged her phone in to charge it, but it was gone when she returned.
* A Stockton woman said her credit card was used to make a $182 purchase at Macy's in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road in an incident reported at about 9:28 a.m. Jan. 29.
* A $50 men's purse, a $20 vest, a wallet and cellphone were taken from a locked locker at 24 Hour Fitness in the 4700 block of Willow Road in an incident reported at about 2 p.m. Jan. 30.
* A petty theft at Sears in the Stoneridge Shopping Center was elevated to a felony count for Terry Gene Tallman, 58, of Martinez. Tallman was arrested at about 7:33 p.m. Jan. 28 in the theft of $25 wire cutters, but had prior convictions that boosted the count from a misdemeanor to a felony.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.