Uploaded: Friday, February 8, 2013, 7:24 AM
Updated: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 9:07 AM
Pleasanton police arrest Sacramento woman for prostitution at local hotel
Plus, other Pleasanton police actions through Feb. 5
|Ciara Capri Garrett, 22, of Sacramento was arrested for prostitution at about 11:49 p.m. Jan. 31 at the Pleasanton Best Western Inn in the 5300 block of Owens Court, according to a police report.
The bust followed a routine security check of the parking lot and a check by police, which showed Garrett had been advertising on a prostitution-related website.
In other police reports:
* Pleasanton police are looking into two reports of robbery in recent days.
One, reported at 9:43 a.m. Jan. 30 in the 5700 block of Belleza Drive, involved the theft of a cell phone. That case remains under investigation, although the victim and suspect knew each other.
In the other, which was reported at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 4, the victim told police he had just gotten out of ValleyCare and headed to the bus stop to go to the BART station. When he pulled out his wallet to get money for the bus, another man already at the stop demanded his wallet. The victim replied he only had $2 and had put his wallet away when the suspect punched him in the chest and ran off.
* Tin-coated copper bars worth a total of $50,000 were reported stolen on Jan. 29 from Powermatic Associates in the 1000 block of Serpentine Lane; the theft of the bars, 170 in all, took place between Oct. 28, 2011, and Oct. 11, 2012. The case is under investigation and while there are no suspects, the victim thinks an employee may have been involved.
* Jewelry worth nearly $16,000 was reported stolen at 11:30 p.m. Feb. 1 from a home in the 2600 block of Lin Gate Court. Among the items taken were five gold pendants with a pearl and three diamonds valued at $3,500, two emerald rings and necklaces worth $3,000, and five gold rings with peridot stones, diamonds and rubies worth $3,000. Access to the home was gained through an unlocked garage door. The theft took place between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Feb. 1.
* A rock was used to break the rear window of Hairlight Salon in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue between 3:36 and 3:46 a.m. Feb. 1. Taken was a $1,500 Apple desktop monitor and a keyboard worth $1,500, a Macbook worth $1,200, and a $600 card reader, along with credit cards. It's the second similar break-in in as many weeks, and Pleasanton police Sgt. Kurt Schlehuber said the two had the same modus operandi.
"Two is something we look at, three we can say we have a pattern," Schlehuber said.
* A resident of the 4900 block of Blackbird Way reported being the victim of identity theft. The woman received an American Express and two Zappos credit cards in the mail, with a $325 charge from American Express made at Ticketmaster.com.
The victim ran her credit through a checking agency and discovered two other accounts -- a $500 charge on fingerhut.com for an Apple iPad, and charges of more than $600 for a laptop computer, towels and perfume at Gettington.com. The report was made at 10:57 a.m. Feb. 5.
* Aishah Jamilah Jones, 26, of North Highlands was arrested at about 6:16 p.m. Feb. 2 at Macy's Woman's in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road for felony fraud and burglary in the theft of two Gucci watches, one worth $1,395 and another worth $950 with a fake credit card obtained through identity theft.
* Tools worth $1,150 were reported stolen Feb. 4 from a vehicle parked at the construction site of Stoneridge Creek retirement community near the intersection of El Charro Road and W. Jack London Boulevard. The theft occurred between noon and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 29.
*A Jan. 30 burglary at the Muslim Community Center in the 5700 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard netted about $100 cash. The theft was reported at about 4:31 p.m.
* Nothing appears to have been taken in a residential burglary attempt in the 7800 block of Flagstone Drive, reported at about 10:42 a.m. Feb. 2.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 9:43 a.m. in the 5700 block of Belleza Drive
- 9:49 a.m. in the 4700 block of First Street
- 4:31 p.m. in the 5700 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 10:41 a.m. in the 2000 block of Greenwood Road
- 7:17 a.m. at the intersection of Norton way and Tannet Court
- 7:18 a.m. in the 3600 block of Bernal Avenue
- 1:27 p.m. in the 700 block of Main Street
- 12:46 a.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Greenwood Road; DUI
- 1:18 a.m. at the intersection of Hopyard Road and Gibraltar Drive; DUI
- 5:20 p.m. in the 1800 block of Valley Avenue; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession
- 11:07 p.m. in the 6700 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of a controlled substance
- 11:02 p.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court
- 3:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Main Street
- 1:30 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue; DUI
- 1:03 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue; public drunkenness
- 11:16 p.m. in the 1500 block of East Gate Way; possession of a controlled substance
- 6:30 a.m. in the 7000 block of Corte Blanca; theft from structure
- 2:54 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:51 p.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
- 3:46 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; commercial burglary
- 11:30 p.m. in the 2600 block of Lin Gate Court; residential burglary
- 12:21 p.m. at the intersection of Valley Avenue and Laurel Creek Drive
- 12:48 a.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 2:04 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue; DUI
- 9:24 a.m. in the 3600 block of Mohr Avenue; public drunkenness
- 4:04 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue; public drunkenness
- 9:27 p.m. at the intersection of Reisling Drive and Touriga Drive; DUI
- 4:25 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:16 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 9:16 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 10:42 a.m. in the 7800 block of Flagstone Drive
- 9:49 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 12:29 a.m. at the intersection of Main Street and Del Valle Parkway; public drunkenness
- 12:40 a.m. in the 5300 block of Owens Court; possession of methamphetamines, under the influence of drugs
- 1:56 a.m. at the intersection of Santa Rita Road and Mohr Avenue; DUI
- 2:10 a.m. in the 4400 block of Mohr Road; DUI
- 9:23 a.m. in the 5200 block of Northway Road; possession of methamphetamines, paraphernalia possession
- 9:31 p.m. at the intersection of Muirwood Road and Muirwood Court; public drunkenness
- 10:57 p.m. in the 5100 block of Hopyard Road; possession of methamphetamines, paraphernalia possession
- 11 p.m. in the 4000 block of Stoneridge Drive; DUI
- 8:59 a.m. in the 7300 block of Johnson Drive
- 2:16 p.m. in the 6600 block of Koll Center Parkway; public drunkenness
- 11:55 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 11:04 a.m. in the 3900 block of Valley Avenue; theft from structure
- 1:16 p.m. in the 1700 block of Beachwood Way; bicycle theft
- 2:41 p.m. in the 4300 block of Railroad Avenue; bicycle theft
- 1:40 p.m. at the intersection of El Charro Road and W. Jack London Boulevard
- 8:40 a.m. in the 5600 block of Springhouse Drive; bicycle theft
- 10:57 a.m. in the 4900 block of Blackbird Way; fraud
- 5:14 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:42 a.m. at the intersection of Stoneridge Drive and Santa Rita Road
- 9:26 a.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road; under the influence of a substance
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
There are no comments yet for this story.
Be the first!
To comment on this topic, please login here if you are a registered member. If not, click here.||