Uploaded: Friday, November 30, 2012, 8:01 AM
Updated: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 6:48 AM
Police log: Shoplifters out for the holidays
|At least eight incidents of shoplifting were reported around the Thanksgiving holiday, including a pair of women who came back for a second round of thefts at the Stoneridge Shopping Center, according to police reports.
Security recognized the two from a Nov. 23 grab and run at JC Penney in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. The next day, the pair returned to the store, where one woman took purses off a shelf and brought them to customer service where she used a false drivers license to return them and received a gift card.
The other woman returned a purse that had been stolen in the grab-and-run the day before and also received a gift card. The two left the store by separate exits, but met up inside the mall, where they were caught by mall security.
Britney Antonia Hardy, 20 of Fairfield was arrested for having false identification, identity theft and burglary. Charrelle Toddneish Reed, 22 of Richmond, was arrested for burglary. The two were arrested at about 9:14 p.m.
In other police reports:
* The opening of the mall at midnight of Thanksgiving also brought out some shoplifters with one reported at about 3:22 a.m., as well as a woman passing counterfeit bills. Tiffany Nicole Turner, 29 of San Francisco was arrested at 8 a.m. after a 6:31 a.m. incident at Hickory Farms in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road. Turner was arrested for burglary and forgery with five bogus $100 bills. Another fake bill was recovered at Forever 21.
* The holiday season is also proving to be profitable for thieves stealing items delivered to homes and left outside, with at least two victims in recent days.
Two victims were located after cardboard boxes were found in a church parking lot at about 9 a.m. Nov. 25. An employee brought them home to recycle, discovered they had two different addresses on the boxes, and contacted police.
An officer went to the 4200 block of Mirador Drive, where the homeowner confirmed he hadn't received an Amazon.com order for about $65 that had been delivered at 1 p.m. Nov. 24.
On Del Sol, a woman told police she also hadn't received an order for four packages, delivered at 2:53 p.m. Nov. 24 with 23 miscellaneous Christmas presents worth $583.
* A baseball card collection valued at $20,000 was stolen in a Nov. 21 burglary at a home in the 1100 block of Hopkins Way, along with a $400 soda fountain. The break-in occurred between 8:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m., with entry through an unlocked door.
* One hundred unopened cases of Clorox valued at $4,000 were stolen in a burglary at Acosta Sales and Marketing in the 6800 block of Koll Center Parkway. Also taken were 50 cases of soap worth $2,250, 47 pack of soda worth $400, two barbecue grills worth $200 apiece, and a $300 microwave. The break-in occurred between 3 p.m. Nov. 21 and 7:45 a.m. Nov. 26. A door lock was bypassed for entry.
* A kitchen hood, dishwasher and microwave valued at $6,500 were stolen from a vehicle parked at Kitchen Experts in the 7000 block of Commerce Circle between 5 and 5:40 p.m. Nov. 25. A window was smashed to gain access.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Pleasanton Police Report
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 2:37 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 5:29 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 9:43 a.m. in the 7500 block of Driftwood Way
- 12:26 p.m. in the 7600 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 12:03 a.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle; possession of methamphetamine, paraphernalia possession, possession of more than an ounce of marijuana
- 12:18 a.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; DUI
- 4:13 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 6:24 p.m. in the 1100 block of Hopkins Way
- 9:51 p.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 1:59 p.m. in the 1300 block of Hopyard Road; bicycle theft
- 9:07 p.m. in the 6000 block of Corte Encinas
- 11:27 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 12:13 a.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road; public drunkenness
- 1:33 a.m. in the 4300 block of Valley Avenue; public drunkenness
- 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of Mohr Avenue and Greenwood Road; DUI
- 9:26 p.m. in the 4200 block of First Street; public drunkenness
- 3:22 a.m. in the 2100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 6:31 a.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 2:38 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:40 p.m. in the 4900 block of Canary Drive; theft from structure
- 8:24 a.m. in the 5200 block of Ridgevale Avenue; auto theft
- 1:19 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 2:23 p.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
- 9:14 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:29 a.m. in the 3100 block of Paseo Robles
- 12:28 p.m. in the 1200 block of Quarry Lane
- 3:52 p.m. in the 5500 block of Paseo Navarro
- 1:42 p.m. in the 1200 block of Quarry Lane
- 7:19 p.m. in the 700 block of Main Street
- 12:04 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 12:12 a.m. in the 2300 block of Crestline Road; DUI
- 1:25 a.m. in the 3100 block of Santa Rita Road; DUI
- 10:22 p.m. in the 900 block of Main Street; possession of a controlled substance, paraphernalia possession, possession of a switchblade knife
- 6:17 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:39 p.m. in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue; theft from structure
- 10:19 a.m. in the 2700 block of Laramie Gate Circle
- 2:47 a.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue
- 9:51 a.m. in the 400 block of Main Street; theft from structure
- 11:20 a.m. in the 4200 block of Mirador Drive
- 6:45 p.m. in the 7500 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 9:05 a.m. in the 6800 block of Koll Center Parkway
- 10:33 a.m. in the 1100 block of Santa Rita Road
- 6:46 p.m. in the 7500 block of Canyon Meadows Circle
- 3:02 p.m. in the 6600 block of Owens Drive
- 4:24 a.m. in the 3500 block of Yellowstone Court
- 9:43 a.m. in the 4400 block of Comanche Way; auto theft
- 10:39 a.m. in the 600 block of Del Sol Avenue
- 11:11 a.m. in the 2800 block of Brezza Court; theft from structure
- 3:56 p.m. in the 4400 block of Rosewood Drive
- 10:53 a.m. in the 3100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard
- 5:12 a.m. in the 3100 block of Bernal Avenue
- 9:23 a.m. on I-680 northbound
- 11:29 a.m. in the 5500 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; public drunkenness
- 4:22 p.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Vineyard Avenue; possession of marijuana
Are you receiving Express, our free daily e-mail edition? See a sample and sign-up for Express.
There are no comments yet for this story.
Be the first!