An early-morning car burglar was busted Monday, thanks to a call from a resident on Camino Brazos. The caller reported seeing someone taking property from inside of his parked vehicle.
The thief then left the area on foot, but police set up a perimeter and found their suspect hiding in bushes near the intersection of Hansen Drive and Camino Brazos.
The suspect reportedly possessed property stolen from unlocked vehicles on the 5400 block of Ridgevale Road, the 2200 block of Fairfield Road and the 2100 block of Camino Brazos.
Christopher James Yorrie, 40, of Oakland was arrested at about 4:04 a.m. Monday on a felony count of receiving stolen property, along with misdemeanor counts of prowling and probation violation. He was booked into Santa Rita Jail.
Police are giving credit to the Camino Brazos resident who reported the suspicious activity. They encourage residents to help fight crime by immediately reporting suspicious behavior.
In other police reports:
* Police are investigating an arson reported Monday afternoon at Foothill High School in the 4300 block of Foothill Road.
A storage container used to hold graduation-night supplies was set afire, causing $2,000 in damage to the shed and its contents. The fire was reported at about 4:23 p.m.
* Christian Davis, 30, of Oakland was arrested at about 2:03 p.m. for felony forgery at Wells Fargo in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road. Davis was allegedly attempting to cash a $4,900 counterfeit check that the clerk believed was suspicious; the bank contacted police.
* A resident of the 5200 block of Genovesio Drive reported that someone used his identification to open a PayPal account and made transactions totaling $10,230 between Feb. 4 and 13.
* Sunglass Hut in the Stoneridge Shopping Center was hit twice by walkaway thieves in recent days. In one, two Gucci-style sunglasses valued at about $375 and $350 were reported stolen at about 1:35 p.m. Feb. 13. In the second, three sunglasses worth a total $773 were stolen between 5:15 and 7:20 p.m. Feb. 15.
* Huixia Zhou, 44, of San Francisco was arrested for felony commercial burglary in an incident that took place at about 5:20 p.m. Feb. 16 in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road. She was arrested for taking six items of clothing worth about $570 from Macy's.
* Melissa Lynn Lancaster, 40, a transient, was arrested at about 2:11 p.m. Feb. 15 in the 5800 block of Owens Drive on a felony warrant for parole violation out of Arkansas.
* A $200 massage table, a fur stole worth $150 and china valued at about $100 were among the items stolen in a Valentine's Day burglary from a storage shed at Pleasanton Glen Apartments. The break-in, which netted items worth a total of about $520, took place between 12:01 a.m. and 1 p.m.
* An iPad mini valued at $400 was stolen from a classroom at the Stratford School in the 4500 block of Willow Road. The theft was reported at about 4:09 p.m. Feb. 12.
* A shoplifting from the Apple Store in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road netted three Nike Fuel wristbands valued at $149 apiece. A man was observed concealing them inside a booster jacket.
* A resident of the 600 block of Windmill Lane reported that someone created a check using her account number for $263.
* A garage door provided entrance in a Feb. 17 residential burglary of a home in the 5900 block of Kolb Ranch Drive, but nothing was stolen during the break-in, which occurred at about 11:16 a.m.
* A resident of the 200 block of Kottinger Drive reported at about 3:51 p.m. Feb. 11 that someone used her social security number to file a fraudulent income tax return in 2012.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week, the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports:
- 9:51 a.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue
- 9:11 a.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 12:04 p.m. in the 700 block of Rose Avenue; auto theft
- 2:05 p.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 3:51 p.m. in the 200 block of Kottinger Drive; fraud
- 1:39 p.m. in the 5900 block of Sterling Greens Circle
- 1:47 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 3:13 p.m. in the 4400 block of Black Avenue
- 4:28 p.m. in the 5800 block of Sterling Greens Circle
- 9:54 p.m. in the 2400 block of Santa Rita Road
- 7:40 a.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 9:13 a.m. in the 5000 block of Owens Drive
- 10:56 a.m. in the 500 block of Junipero Street
- 4:02 p.m. in the 800 block of Piemonte Drive
- 11:29 a.m. in the 5000 block of Crestwood Court; fraud
- 12:49 p.m. in the 1900 block of Santa Rita Road
- 2:03 p.m. in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road; fraud
- 4:04 p.m. in the 19500 block of Dublin Canyon Road; auto theft
- 4:09 p.m. in the 4500 block of Willow Road; theft from structure
- 8:56 a.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive
- 3:44 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 4:58 p.m. in the 11900 block of Dublin Canyon Road
- 12:45 p.m. in the 5000 block of Case Avenue
- 10:29 a.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive
- 2:29 p.m. in the 4300 block of First Street; confidential drug arrest
- 7:38 p.m. in the 3800 block of Vine Street; DUI
- 8:35 a.m. in the 1900 block of Santa Rita Road
- 9:01 a.m. in the 5200 block of Genovesio Drive; fraud
- 9:40 a.m. in the 2800 block of Hopyard Road
- 1:35 p.m. in the 2200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; theft from structure
- 2:09 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 3:28 p.m. in the 600 block of Windmill Lane; fraud
- 5:40 p.m. in the 3400 block of Andrews Drive; bicycle theft
- 9:28 a.m. in the 2300 block of Meadowlark Drive
- 9:06 p.m. in the 1000 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:19 a.m. in the 2300 block of Meadowlark Drive
- 8:05 a.m. in the 5300 block of Case Avenue
- 10:23 p.m. in the 3100 block of Busch Road
- 3:52 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 8:42 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 1 p.m. in the 3900 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 10:05 a.m. in the 3800 block of Newton Way
- 9:52 a.m. in the 4500 block of First Street
- 9:36 a.m. in the 5700 block of Owens Drive; bicycle theft
- 12:57 p.m. in the 5100 block of Golden Road
- 3:01 p.m. in the 2300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:57 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; shoplifting
- 5:46 p.m. in the 2200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 7:52 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 5:31 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:07 a.m. at the intersection of Haleakala Road and Valley Trails Drive; graffiti
- 1:37 p.m. in the 3300 block of Norton Way
- 11:42 a.m. in the 5300 block of Black Avenue
- 1:37 p.m. in the 3400 block of Cornerstone Court
- 5:20 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 4:23 p.m. in the 4300 block of Foothill Road
- 1:37 p.m. in the 5900 block of Kolb Ranch Drive
- 3:45 a.m. in the 2100 block of Camino Brazos
- 4:20 a.m. in the 5400 block of Ridgevale Road
- 4:49 a.m. in the 2200 block of Fairfield Road
- 6:41 p.m. in the 6400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 9:03 p.m. in the 4400 block of Railroad Avenue