Maria Clarissa Ronas, 41, of Daly City was arrested for burglary, conspiracy and use of identity theft at about 9:10 p.m. May 3 at Nordstrom in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
Two other suspects were not arrested, but their names were forwarded to the District Attorney's Office for potential charges.
The arrest came after loss prevention watched the three doing an extensive -- and expensive -- return of three handbags valued at a total of $3,354.
Two other people were arrested for burglary in separate incidents in recent days stemming from shoplifting incidents.
A 16-year-old female from Fairfield was arrested for burglary after stealing 4 bottles of perfume valued at $328 from J.C. Penney in the Stoneridge Shopping Center in an incident about 6:39 p.m. May 2.
Joseph Williamson, 23, of Hayward was taken into custody for burglary and public drunkenness in a May 2 incident at Sport Chalet. Williamson was arrested at about 4:45 p.m. after grabbing a $29.99 backpack and trying to leave without paying.
Typically, a shoplifting arrest can be elevated to burglary if a person enters a store with the intent to steal.
* Sidney Clifford Hill, 27, of Dublin, was arrested for misappropriation of lost or stolen property at about 12:45 a.m. May 4 in the 5200 block of Hopyard Road for not returning credits cards he told police he found.
An officer saw Hill, discovered he was on probation with a search clause, and a search revealed he had credit cards from other people in his wallet. Hill was on probation for possession of stolen property and the case remains under investigation.
* Lauren Lindsey Garcia, 24, of Pleasanton, was arrested for possessing four counterfeit $20 bills. A traffic stop at about 12:17 p.m. May 2 in the 4200 block of First Street led to the discovery of the bogus bills.
* Rochell Morgan, 50, of Newark, was arrested at DMV in the 6900 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard for receiving stolen property at about 6:05 p.m. May 7.
Morgan was arrested after an employee called police about suspicious people; an officer contacted them and found a laptop that had been reported stolen in Eureka in 2010.
* The front door of A Smog Shop in the 3500 block of Utah Street had its lock bypassed overnight May 2 and $204 cash was stolen, along with a smog technician's card. The theft took place between 5:10 p.m. May 2 and 8:45 a.m. May 3.
* In a May 6 burglary, $100 cash was stolen from a home in the 1400 block of Calle Enrique between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.; entry to the home was through a sliding glass door, which had been left unlocked.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 8:49 a.m. in the 2000 block of Olivia Court; fraud
- 12:17 p.m. in the 4200 block of First Street; fraud
- 5:09 p.m. in the 5900 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 9:25 p.m. in the 6000 block of Corte Encinas
- 7:48 p.m. in the 500 block of Peters Avenue; under the influence of drugs
- 11:23 p.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 4:50 a.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 11:40 a.m. in the 1100 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 12:42 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 3:08 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 4:45 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 6:39 p.m. in the 1500 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 11:06 a.m. in the 1700 block of Santa Rita Road
- 6:45 a.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Avenue
- 12:03 a.m. in the 300 block of St. Mary Street; public drunkenness
- 1:36 a.m. in the 500 block of Main Street; public drunkenness
- 2:36 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; methamphetamine possession, paraphernalia possession
- 6:54 p.m. at the intersection of Foothill Road and W. Las Positas Boulevard; DUI
- 11:04 p.m. in the 900 block of Main Street; public drunkenness, malicious mischief
- 12:52 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 2:00 p.m. in the 4300 block of Rosewood Drive; auto theft
- 7:46 p.m. in the 5500 block of Johnson Drive; theft from structure
- 8:24 p.m. in the 1600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; fraud
- 8:50 a.m. in the 3500 block of Utah Street
- 11:00 a.m. in the 4200 block of Rosewood Drive
- 12:29 a.m. in the 4200 block of Hopyard Road; under the influence of drugs
- 10:30 a.m. in the 4700 block of Muirwood Drive; public drunkenness
- 9:41 a.m. in the 3200 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard; fraud
- 10:47 a.m. in the 6200 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 11:39 a.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; bicycle theft
- 6:06 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9:56 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 11:49 a.m. in the 400 block of Main Street
- 1:50 a.m. in the 3700 block of Hopyard Road; paraphernalia possession
- 1:57 a.m. at the intersection of Bernal Avenue and Koll Center Parkway; DUI
- 4:24 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 1:48 a.m. in the 4800 block of Bernal Avenue; DUI
- 11:23 p.m. in the 6600 block of Koll Center Parkway; public drunkenness
- 9:31 a.m. in the 6300 block of Paseo Santa Maria; fraud
- 10:09 a.m. in the 7700 block of Canyon Meadows Circle; auto theft
- 1:56 p.m. in the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive; bicycle theft
- 2:09 p.m. in the 5000 block of Franklin Drive; theft from structure
- 4:19 p.m. in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue
- 8:41 p.m. in the 1400 block of Calle Enrique
- 1:09 a.m. in the 5300 block of Hopyard Road
- 9:17 a.m. in the 4700 block of Hopyard Road
- 10:45 p.m. in the 4000 block of Santa Rita Road
- 8:18 a.m. in the 700 block of Rose Avenue
- 12:27 p.m. in the 3700 block of Stoneridge Drive; bicycle theft
- 12:56 p.m. in the 3100 block of Berkshire Court
- 2:26 p.m. in the 8000 block of Golden Eagle Way
- 7:55 p.m. in the 1700 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; shoplifting
- 9:57 p.m. at the intersection of Mason Street and Prospect Court; marijuana possession