Pleasanton police are investigating a Nov. 1 robbery at a home in the 1500 block of Oak Vista Way. The holdup was reported at about 8:45 p.m.; additional details were not immediately available.
In other police reports:
* Two men have been taken into custody in recent days on elder abuse warrants.
Justin Ryan Briggs, 37, was arrested at about 10:56 p.m. Oct. 31 at a residence in the 3700 block of Rose Rock Circle on a felony charge of elder abuse.
Clayton Joel Sternick, 32, of Hayward was arrested on felony and misdemeanor warrants at about 3:01 p.m. Nov. 1 in the 3200 block of Vineyard Avenue. Sternick was wanted on a felony charge of embezzling from a dependent adult and misdemeanor charges of theft and accessing a credit card.
* A resident of a home in the 3700 block of Ashwood drive reported that someone has created and cashed a fake check for $362 using her account information. The victim told police she discovered the fraud when she received her bank statement.
* Jason Eric Shorr, 44, of Pleasanton was arrested on felony and misdemeanor warrants at about 8:10 a.m. in the 700 block of St. Michael Circle. Shorr was wanted on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance and a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving.
* An overnight auto burglary Nov. 4 netted a $1,500 laptop, four rims worth a total of $2,000 and a $30 briefcase. The incident took place in the 5600 block of Owens Drive between 8:30 p.m. Nov. 4 and 9 a.m. Nov. 5; the vehicle's right rear window had been smashed.
* Nothing was apparently taken in a Nov. 4 burglary at East Bay Pediatrics in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road. Police responded to an alarm set off by the office's motion detector and found a window pried open and that the office had been searched. The incident occurred at about 12:12 p.m.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
Last week the Pleasanton Police Department also listed the following information in its log of incident reports.
- 3:02 p.m. in the 1500 block of East Gate Way
- 3:43 p.m. in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road; embezzlement
- 2:07 p.m. in the 1000 block of Pineto Place
- 9:26 p.m. in the 3500 block of Bernal Avenue
- 10:56 p.m. in the 3700 block of Rose Rock Circle
- 8:45 p.m. in the 1500 block of Oak Vista Way
- 7:05 a.m. in the 7500 block of Flagstone Drive; auto theft
- 9:04 a.m. in the 3800 block of Northwood Court; auto theft
- 9:05 a.m. in the 2800 block of Hopyard Road; felony shoplifting
- 11:30 a.m. in the first block of Stoneridge Mall Road; auto theft
- 3:31 p.m. in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive; bicycle theft
- 9:05 p.m. in the 4600 block of Sandalwood Drive
- 1:31 a.m. in the 2400 block of Heatherlark Circle; public drunkenness
- 8:28 a.m. in the 2000 block of Santa Rita Road; possession of methamphetamines, paraphernalia possession
- 10:18 p.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive; drug violation
- 12:17 p.m. in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road
- 9:40 a.m. at the intersection of Sonoma Drive and Mission Drive
- 9:39 a.m. in the 4500 block of Rosewood Drive
- 9:45 a.m. in the 4200 block of Passeggi Court
- 1:22 a.m. at the intersection of W. Las Positas and Hopyard Road
- 12:12 p.m. in the 2300 block of Santa Rita Road
- 8:30 a.m. in the 1700 block of Paseo del Cajon
- 11:09 a.m. in the 5800 block of Valley Avenue
- 3:32 a.m. in the 4700 block of Canary Drive
- 12:52 p.m. in the 4300 block of Black Avenue; fraud
- 4:49 p.m. in the 3700 block of Ashwood Drive; fraud
- 10:25 a.m. in the 5600 block of Owens Drive
- 4:06 p.m. in the 4300 block of Hacienda Drive
- 7:32 p.m. in the 2700 block of Lylewood Drive
- 11 a.m. in the 3000 block of Bernal Avenue